Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WIRELESS UNITS SUCK!

TGEvans

I use the AKG bug, as do the two guitarists in Dire Fakes. I started using one when I was doing the Rush tribute and it was one less lead to get caught up in the bass pedals. I found it so liberating that I'll only use cable in an emergency (like forgetting batteries for the bug), even though I barely use the midi pedals in DF. If we're playing on a big stage it's great to be able to move about - sometimes you need to fill that stage. The shock prevention aspect is definitely a bonus too.

The output is definitely lower than running straight cable, but 'my tone' remains more or less intact. In all honesty, I make my patches using the wireless, meaning that I don't need to worry about this anyway. Collectively, we've had two problems: 1) At the end of a rehearsal, when I switched my bug off, the guitarist in the room next door came through my amp (must have been on same frequency), 2) One guitarist who uses several guitars left a few of his bugs switched on one night (gets a bit screechy when you do that).

Besides that, I've had over 5 years of trouble-free operation and I get no clipping (not even on my Wal)

Aren't all wireless units that are currently available going to soon be rendered useless by the increasing broadcast frequency of something else (possibly radio)?

I don't know too much about this myself but my friend who is a sound engineer was talking to me about it the other day... it might be worth looking up if your thinking of buying a wireless unit.

[quote name='benzies123' post='638246' date='Oct 27 2009, 06:00 PM']Aren't all wireless units that are currently available going to soon be rendered useless by the increasing broadcast frequency of something else (possibly radio)?

I don't know too much about this myself but my friend who is a sound engineer was talking to me about it the other day... it might be worth looking up if your thinking of buying a wireless unit.[/quote]

"Check out my band:Cable To The Moon"

You'll be Ok then
:)

[quote name='benzies123' post='638246' date='Oct 27 2009, 06:00 PM']Aren't all wireless units that are currently available going to soon be rendered useless by the increasing broadcast frequency of something else (possibly radio)?

I don't know too much about this myself but my friend who is a sound engineer was talking to me about it the other day... it might be worth looking up if your thinking of buying a wireless unit.[/quote]

Nope this is miss-information...... It's more to do with Licensing than wireless units.... anyone using the current license free frequencies on channel 69 will have to move elsewhere..... Channel 38 is the channel thats been sited for future de-reg use.....