Why become a member? ×

Roland Micro Cube - as Preamp?

twowheeeledwriter

Having recently returned to the bass (back from the "six string electric lead guitar"), I am will at some point buy a good amp/cab or combo for gigging. However, in the meantime, my bass is plugged into the drummer's amp and speakers (used for his Roland electronic kit).

So, my question: can I use my Roland Micro Cube (great for home practice) as a preamp? This would also allow me to add to some FX (chorus, flanger, maybe some reverb).

By the way, as a newcomer to Basschat, I really like the helpful information, and general tone of contributors. Mostly this is friendly and polite :).

[quote name='alexclaber' post='618650' date='Oct 6 2009, 04:11 PM']If it has a line out then it'll work fine. Could be difficult to rackmount though... :)

Alex[/quote]

OK, thanks - good to know I've not suggested anything too dumb.

Yes, it has a "recording" out, which I guess is at line level. I mainly want to have a bit more control over my sound and levels. If all goes well, I will be upgrading both amplification and bass.

Rackmounting is not an option I had considered... might be an interesting DIY project (that's DIY as in "don't involve yourself").