Why become a member? ×

Ashdown MAG410T vs Marshall JCM800 Bass Series 1935A...

StevieD_FenderP2009

I've been presented with the quite rare chance to own a piece of history and something i've been longing for
A Marshall 1985 Marshall JCM800 Bass Series 4x12 1935A Cabinet loaded with Celestion g12 65 speakers

I would love to buy it but... and heres the big but (lol, sorry couldnt help but laugh there), I have an Ashdown MAG410T cabinet and i do love the tone it gives me when paired with my Trace GP12 and i dont know if i should change it

I have wanted the JCM800 Bass Series 4x12 for... Since i got into bass and the 2 guitarists in my band both use 4x12 angeled marshall cabinets so it would look UBER f***ing COOL if i used one too (maybe even an endorsement deal from Jimmy himself as theyre only based 10 minutes down the road from me)

Let me know what you think guys!
Cheers

Really dude?

Oh that sucks then

I was eventually planning on kitting it out with EV12L Vintage Bass speakers or Ashdown BlueLine 12" speakers (same as in the MAG410, Mag810, ABM410 and ABM810 etc but the 12" version) but it doesn't look like i'll be doing that yet

Cheers for that advice man

Oh, and message for Zach, If i do get one and end up not liking it at all, i'll let you know man. Hows the mockingbird dude? really miss the birds tone ='(

• 3 weeks later...