Why become a member? ×

Good evening

minty fresh death

Just joined up, been playing bass for a while now.

No band at the moment, just taking a year out from uni and i've decided to either start or join a band while i'm working full time. I play mainly punk and metalcore, but I have played in Black Metal bands in the past.

Just finished selling all my old stuff so I can start fresh...etc So you will see my new rig taking shape first hand soon :huh:

Looking either at a 6x10 (SWR, Bergantino or maybe Ampeg?) or an 8x10 (Peavey, Ampeg or Orange if I can find the holy grail).
Orange AD200
And at a later date something a bit more dirty like a jcm800 or an SVT-CL?

Guitar wise

Euro Spector P/J 4 string

Not sure what i'm going to add to that but i've seen another Spector for sale locally... and I would like to try out the SX basses since although i'm not a huge fan of the Fenders, i've heard that in terms of bang for your buck... they are pretty damn good!

Always wanted a ric 4001 as well :) but i've had a 4003 in the past and I didn't get on with it at all even though I loved the sounds it made. But realistically I need a 5 string of some sort so i'll see if I can get myself one of those 5 String Music Man SUB's although they are out of production, I do see them around.

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='64910' date='Sep 24 2007, 06:00 PM']Just joined up, been playing bass for a while now.

No band at the moment, just taking a year out from uni and i've decided to either start or join a band while i'm working full time. I play mainly punk and metalcore, but I have played in Black Metal bands in the past.

Just finished selling all my old stuff so I can start fresh...etc So you will see my new rig taking shape first hand soon :huh:

Looking either at a 6x10 (SWR, Bergantino or maybe Ampeg?) or an 8x10 (Peavey, Ampeg or Orange if I can find the holy grail).
Orange AD200
And at a later date something a bit more dirty like a jcm800 or an SVT-CL?

Guitar wise

Euro Spector P/J 4 string

Not sure what i'm going to add to that but i've seen another Spector for sale locally... and I would like to try out the SX basses since although i'm not a huge fan of the Fenders, i've heard that in terms of bang for your buck... they are pretty damn good!

Always wanted a ric 4001 as well :) but i've had a 4003 in the past and I didn't get on with it at all even though I loved the sounds it made. But realistically I need a 5 string of some sort so i'll see if I can get myself one of those 5 String Music Man SUB's although they are out of production, I do see them around.[/quote]
That's some pretty tasty stuff you're looking for. Make sure you check out the For Sale boards as there is always a ton of stuff in circulation.

oh, and welcome!