Why become a member? ×

Wiring a passive switch

Sharkfinger

I'd like to be able to switch my bass to passive from active, for times when the battery is low or runs out mid-set. This has happened to me recently and had to run outside to the car to fetch my spare! It actually already has the toggle installed but not wired in. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A wiring diagram maybe?

TIA

[quote name='Sharkfinger' post='601126' date='Sep 17 2009, 10:55 AM']I'd like to be able to switch my bass to passive from active, for times when the battery is low or runs out mid-set. This has happened to me recently and had to run outside to the car to fetch my spare! It actually already has the toggle installed but not wired in. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A wiring diagram maybe?

TIA[/quote]
most here would need to know what pup you have and what preamp you need a battery for
if its your P then my guess you are using an EMG active....which means you cant get around without a batt
if not then post more details
ps...battery is active...no battery is passive...all that is needed is a by pass...scottie

[quote name='mrcrow' post='601711' date='Sep 17 2009, 08:48 PM']most here would need to know what pup you have and what preamp you need a battery for
if its your P then my guess you are using an EMG active....which means you cant get around without a batt
if not then post more details
ps...battery is active...no battery is passive...all that is needed is a by pass...scottie[/quote]

Silly me, forgot to give details. There were EMG PJ actives but just swapped them out for a passive PJ set. I also had a spector tonepump (that I do have a wiring diagram for and have posted it here) which I've pulled out for the time being.

Like I said, I need to know how to wire the bypass toggle switch back in. It looks like a fairly standard switch but seems to have 6 terminals at the back, the top two seem to have been soldered together so that leaves 4 terminals.