Why become a member? ×

My first bass!!

TRadford

Just had my first bass hand delivered to my door by Nugget (Dave). Its a stunner, has more strings than I know what to do with, but in time hopefully!

Its a Dean Rhaposdy 5 stringer, black quilt maple. Mmm nice..

Thanks very much Dave, you are a star, wasnt expecting to get a bass so quick!

[quote name='TRadford' post='595762' date='Sep 11 2009, 03:33 PM']Just had my first bass hand delivered to my door by Nugget (Dave). Its a stunner, has more strings than I know what to do with, but in time hopefully!

Its a Dean Rhaposdy 5 stringer, black quilt maple. Mmm nice..

Thanks very much Dave, you are a star, wasnt expecting to get a bass so quick![/quote]

If it's your first bass, awesomely good idea to start on a 5. Moving from 4 to 5 once I'd been playing a while was a pain in the balls. Ultimately totally worth it, of course, but starting on a 5 will save you a bit of re-learning time :)
Although of course one could say the same about starting on a 6 in case you want to play a 6 one day. Aaaargh!

[quote name='NickH' post='596909' date='Sep 12 2009, 11:02 PM']If it's your first bass, awesomely good idea to start on a 5. Moving from 4 to 5 once I'd been playing a while was a pain in the balls. Ultimately totally worth it, of course, but starting on a 5 will save you a bit of re-learning time :)
Although of course one could say the same about starting on a 6 in case you want to play a 6 one day. Aaaargh![/quote]

Exacty my thinking, and its already come in usefull. So far all of the songs I have looked at tab to play have been played on 5 strings, so I can now play one of my favorite ever songs, as it should be played on 5 strings!