Why become a member? ×

Reverb and distortion

TGEvans

Distortion? Try trawling through [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=546ac43364628743c81199dc05af97be&search_in=titles&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bdistortion"]here[/url]. I'd recommend the Ashdown Hyperdrive or the Bass Big Muff I replaced it with after stupidly selling the Ashdown. Both are cheap and good. I sold the Ashdown on sale or return and it didn't come back - make of that what what you will.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='596755' date='Sep 12 2009, 06:52 PM']Marshall Reflector is a great reverb pedal I reckon. Well worth a look.[/quote]

+1 I use one, bought one off of these very forums, sounds great, nice and cheap, well made and doesn't look half bad either :). DigiTech also do the DigiVerb, which is equally as good, and the Boss RV-3/5 pedals are probably even better, but with a hefty price tag to match.

As far as a Distortion goes, there are way too many options to consider, and we've all got our favourites. What kind of sound are you looking for?

Here's a few popular pedals, many which feature in the POST YOUR PEDALBOARD thread:

Boss ODB-3 - Loved and Hated equally, a personal favourite of mine and my personal go-to Distortion sound. Cheap, reliable, good blend, good EQ and lots and lots of gain if you want it!

Tech 21 Sansamp VT Bass - Very versatile, but more expensive. Big forum favourite. Reliable, wide range of sounds, great, precise EQ, really nails that overdriven SVT sound.

Mojo Hand/ Tone Factor Cream Pie Deluxe - More boutique, more expensive, but worth the extra cash. Great sounds, really natural overdrive. Lots of fans on BassChat and TalkBass.

However maybe you're looking for more of a Fuzz pedal? OR BOTH! There's lots of love for the new Electro Harmonix Bass Big Muff, the EHX Russian Big Muff (not the USA, unless heavily modded), MXR Blowtorch and the vintage ProCo Rat and vintage Marshall Guvnor distortion.

Hope that's some help,
Rich

For Reverb, I'm using my guitarists Boss SX-700 & it gives some really nice reverb sounds & for distortion, I'm running three different pedals, an Ashdown James LoMenzo Hyperdrive, a Blackstar HT-DistX (currently pretty much been stolen by my bloody guitarist) & an EHX Big Muff, I like all three of them in different ways.