Why become a member? ×

For Trade: Musicman Stingray

Linus27

I have a beautiful natural 3EQ Musicman Stingray with maple neck from 2005. It is in mint condition and plays beautifully. However, I now own a Fender USA 75 Jazz in natural so I fancy changing the natural Stingray for a coloured one. I would also really like to try a 2EQ stingray if possible.

So if anyone has a 2EQ Stingray in black or Teal with maple neck and would like to swap for a 3EQ natural Stingray with maple neck then give me a shout. I would consider 3EQ if no 2EQ's are available. I would also consider Pacific Burst or Cherry Burst if either of these are offered. Please note that my Stingray is in mint condition so I would like one of similar quality.

Let me know what you have.

[quote name='Linus27' post='593577' date='Sep 9 2009, 08:41 AM']I have a beautiful natural 3EQ Musicman Stingray with maple neck from 2005. It is in mint condition and plays beautifully. However, I now own a Fender USA 75 Jazz in natural so I fancy changing the natural Stingray for a coloured one. I would also really like to try a 2EQ stingray if possible.

So if anyone has a 2EQ Stingray in black or Teal with maple neck and would like to swap for a 3EQ natural Stingray with maple neck then give me a shout. I would consider 3EQ if no 2EQ's are available. I would also consider Pacific Burst or Cherry Burst if either of these are offered. Please note that my Stingray is in mint condition so I would like one of similar quality.

Let me know what you have.

[/quote]

Looks good mate, wish I had something to offer.

I have black stingray 3ry old and very mint condition ( out of case maybe twice ) brought back myself from america. dunno what you think? its 3band eq and I'd like to keep my musicman case.
hard to know what to do... your's does look nice but then.. so does mine... :rolleyes: where are you? Im "oop north"
always liked natual finish ones...what to do...aghhh :)

[quote name='witterth' post='593620' date='Sep 9 2009, 09:40 AM']I have black stingray 3ry old and very mint condition ( out of case maybe twice ) brought back myself from america. dunno what you think? its 3band eq and I'd like to keep my musicman case.
hard to know what to do... your's does look nice but then.. so does mine... :rolleyes: where are you? Im "oop north"
always liked natual finish ones...what to do...aghhh :)[/quote]

No worries about keeping your case. I also have a Musicman case which I would like to keep. I am down south. Typical hey :lol::) Where abouts oop north are you? Have a think about it and let me know. Definately interested.

[quote name='Linus27' post='593639' date='Sep 9 2009, 10:02 AM']No worries about keeping your case. I also have a Musicman case which I would like to keep. I am down south. Typical hey :):) Where abouts oop north are you? Have a think about it and let me know. Definately interested.[/quote]
Im in Rochdale nr oldham,
tell you what, Ive got to go to work just now and wont be back till tomorrow but thats a good thinking period. we'd have to work out where to meet up and "try out" and that, trouble is I work some insane hours but allways get school holidays(next one 6 weeks away-can you/do you want to wait that long?) pm me or Ill check back on this thread tomorrow
cheers!
Witterth

[quote name='witterth' post='593646' date='Sep 9 2009, 10:15 AM']Im in Rochdale nr oldham,
tell you what, Ive got to go to work just now and wont be back till tomorrow but thats a good thinking period. we'd have to work out where to meet up and "try out" and that, trouble is I work some insane hours but allways get school holidays(next one 6 weeks away-can you/do you want to wait that long?) pm me or Ill check back on this thread tomorrow
cheers!
Witterth[/quote]

Yep, in no hurry at all so no problem if you want to have a think about it. I may be up in Shropshire this weekend but if thats to soon, then around Xmas time, I plan to go to my sisters at some point and she lives in Preston. So no rush.

Like I say, I did really want to try a 2EQ but will take a 3EQ. Have a think and let me know and we can go from there.

[quote name='Linus27' post='593653' date='Sep 9 2009, 10:31 AM']Yep, in no hurry at all so no problem if you want to have a think about it. I may be up in Shropshire this weekend but if thats to soon, then around Xmas time, I plan to go to my sisters at some point and she lives in Preston. So no rush.

Like I say, I did really want to try a 2EQ but will take a 3EQ. Have a think and let me know and we can go from there.[/quote]
Preston is nice and close, when are coming up there? its not really a case of "too soon" just has to be a weekend (busy this one though!)

[quote name='witterth' post='593665' date='Sep 9 2009, 10:40 AM']Preston is nice and close, when are coming up there? its not really a case of "too soon" just has to be a weekend (busy this one though!)[/quote]

Well, it was going to be around Xmas which is quite a few months away. The other option is meeting up one weekend half way if you are up for that.

[quote name='Linus27' post='593672' date='Sep 9 2009, 10:48 AM']Well, it was going to be around Xmas which is quite a few months away. The other option is meeting up one weekend half way if you are up for that.[/quote]
could be done in school holiday coming up I'll contact you tomorrow cos I REALLY gotta go now! :) :rolleyes:
ATB

Edited by witterth

how about If I wait till you're up here anyway (xmas)
and that way if either of us change our mind, nothing lost
(preston as I say is really quite close) as you'd be up here anyway?
Oh,no hard feelings if a 2 band crops up in the meantime
BTW
I really enjoyed some of "the fleas" stuff!

[quote name='witterth' post='595095' date='Sep 10 2009, 08:47 PM']how about If I wait till you're up here anyway (xmas)
and that way if either of us change our mind, nothing lost
(preston as I say is really quite close) as you'd be up here anyway?
Oh,no hard feelings if a 2 band crops up in the meantime
BTW
I really enjoyed some of "the fleas" stuff![/quote]

Happy to do that if that suits you. If you do want to swap earlier then I don't mind doing that either. Just drop me a PM.

Really glad you like The Fleas stuff. They are just rough demos on the Myspace page but they give you an idea on what we are all about :)

[quote name='witterth' post='595204' date='Sep 10 2009, 10:46 PM']in the mean time Ill try to get some pics to you/on here, soz but Ill need some help from a mate to do that but Im on it!
ATB
W[/quote]

No worries, if you need a hand just ask. I will do the same but if will have to be after the weekend as I am away.

Thanks.