Why become a member? ×

P bass for Double Bass?

Toddy

Hi guys an gals,,

In the current climate,, thought I would chuck this one on here and see how it goes,,,

Really need a NICE Fender P Bass ,,,anyone intersted in swapping for my Double Bass??

Photos attached,, its a Golden Strad Hungarian bass, imported by Boosey an Hawkes,,
plays great (usual scratches etc) and has a great thumping tone,,,the bridge has started to warp through tension,age,, and could do with replacing,,, but its an easy job and not expensive,,,
Have strugled to find much info,,, but believe its not laminate,, certainly the top isnt,, but you guys are really the experts and any further information would be much appreciatted..

Really not in a great hurry to part with it,,, enjoy having it around,, but thought would give you guys a chance to comment and see what the interest is...

Top Regards

Toddy,,,,, (Lincolnshire)

[quote name='OldGit' post='592527' date='Sep 7 2009, 10:50 PM']Asked my wife and she says no ... Got a couple of p basses for sale once you've sold the dawghouse though[/quote]

Cheers Old,,,,,, can you pm me any details of what you have available?
(you could always say you have just borrowed it??? - I used to get away with that one lol) :)

[quote name='Toddy' post='592531' date='Sep 7 2009, 10:58 PM']Cheers Old,,,,,, can you pm me any details of what you have available?
(you could always say you have just borrowed it??? - I used to get away with that one lol) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ha it's not the buying, it's the parking ......
:)

PM'd