Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My old Mustang's back, after a long term loan.

Les

Sorry about the photo quality, just used my fone.

[attachment=32131:03092009_002_.jpg]

[attachment=32132:03092009.jpg]

[attachment=32133:03092009_001_.jpg]

Going to give it a whirl at my next gig but after playing it again today I'm not sure I'm going to get on with the scale so I'll take the Ray just in case it doesn't happen for me.

Edited by Les

[quote name='lozbass' post='590506' date='Sep 5 2009, 11:36 AM']Just lovely - is that orange with slightly deeper orange competition stripes? I love these things - one of the coolest basses around, and especially so with the early '70s colours and stripes[/quote]

Yes, that's the one. Trouble is, now I've played it again I remember why I retired it. Gonna give it a shot at the next gig but I have my doubts to be honest.

[quote name='Les' post='590514' date='Sep 5 2009, 11:45 AM']Yes, that's the one. Trouble is, now I've played it again I remember why I retired it. Gonna give it a shot at the next gig but I have my doubts to be honest.[/quote]
I played one recently and really enjoyed it (I learned on a Mustang). I must admit though, it didn't really hold up too well by contemporary standards, and against a 'ray it's going to struggle I suppose. Very cool look though.

Err...if it doesn't make the grade, will it be for sale (...scrabbling down back of sofa)?

Err...if it doesn't make the grade, will it be for sale (...scrabbling down back of sofa)?
[/quote]

Thought about it a few times, but couldn't quite pull the trigger. It was my first real bass age 16 so sentimentality comes in.
I have no idea how much it would be worth to be honest.

[quote name='Les' post='590552' date='Sep 5 2009, 12:27 PM']Err...if it doesn't make the grade, will it be for sale (...scrabbling down back of sofa)?

Thought about it a few times, but couldn't quite pull the trigger. It was my first real bass age 16 so sentimentality comes in.
I have no idea how much it would be worth to be honest.[/quote]
It was a joke really, I simply can't justify any more basses. These are lovely though - I'd hang on to it for sentimental value (in fact, I have a couple of basses around that are retired but I don't want to part with). If the Mustang is in decent condition, it could be worth a few bob. The competition models are pretty rare in themselves, and you certainly don't see a lot of the orange version (very much a colour of its time!)