Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

kurcatovium

Guest BassKS

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='571354' date='Aug 17 2009, 09:14 AM']Unfortunately the guy who routed bridge pickup didn't do it really well, so there is small piece of wood chipped. It can be seen at some pictures.[/quote]

the guy who did the routing wasnt you now was it? :)

Ajoten: It's more like Precision. Width at nut is 43mm. It has 21 frets (classical Warmoth extended fretboard) and width at 21st fret is 64mm. Thickness at nut is 21mm and at the heel it's 26mm.
Neck, although I can't say it's superfast, is pretty comfortable even when I'm more used to jazz style necks. Very easy to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Mate, I think you should go back to your original plan of selling the neck separately.
I feel that if this bass had a F style neck on it then you'd have a far better chance of selling it. Also the pickup positioning is quite unusual (and with that lovely figured maple top there is no going back and very little chance to fix the wonky additional routing) I therefore think you might do well to try a fretless neck on it. I think it would sell then.

Pickup positioning is unusual, but it sounds like a beast. If I didn't need the money I would never sell this. I like the sound of it a lot, esp. bridge pickup in series and neck pickup in parallel - really punchy slap tones but full and warm fingerstyle.

Due to the "routing damage" the body seems impossible to sell. I don't care if there's wood chip (until today nobody at person noticed unless I told them about it) as long as it plays the way I like. And I like it a lot.
Maybe I should try a new neck to achieve more Fender-ish look. It's so hard to decide. :-D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...