Why become a member? ×

credit crunch cut & shut

garry

i was looking for an extension cab for under my laney R4 1x15 combo, to get the full 300watts out of it, i should shortly be getting a 2x10 from a fellow basschatter. in the meantime.......

i had a look on gumtree, and saw the same combo as mine, sans amp, just picked it up this morning for £25....

so i;m planning to chop it down to a 1x15 by removing the amp space, i then just need to add a jack input on the back.

the 1x15 from this range would be £165 new, so £30 quid or so aint bad... all i know about the speaker is its a celestion, 8ohm. not sure how it will sound, but for that money its worth a pop.

quick question for those in the know - what gauge wire from the driver to the input jack? i happen to have some cable lying in the garage, looks like 2mm copper, 'Monster XP' will this do the job fine?

[attachment=30942:CIMG0030.JPG]

cheers in advance for any help

[quote name='Stewart' post='570069' date='Aug 15 2009, 05:22 PM']That'll do OK - though doubling it wouldn't hurt[/quote]

thanks stewart, well i have a load of it spare so i could double it. do i have to strip, combine and sleeve the pairs, or can i just run two wires in their current sleeves for each connection?

or am i getting the wrong end of the stick when you say doubling, do you mean i should just go and buy some 4mm?