Why become a member? ×

Sold pending the usual - KSD Proto J 60 5 String Jazz

NowVertical

KSD Proto J 605 5 String for trade

Tobacco Sunburst Finish over Alder Body
Maple Neck w/ Rosewood Fingerboard & Dot Markers
EBS Active Circuit (fitted by Bernie Goodfellow)
35" Fretted Neck

Pictures now attached.

Basically I used this for two years and whilst I love the feel of it the EBS active never really worked to my ears through my EBS rig...just a bit too much EBS going on. I now have another 5 string fretted and I love my current fretless 4 so much that there is no point defretting the KSD and so it is just not going to get used.

The bass sounded great through other rigs and presented a great foh sound (check it out [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSQlG27CtgY&feature=related"]here[/url] a very rare rock excursion for me).

Trade wise I am reasonably open to any 4 string passive (or active with a passive switch) but ideally looking for something with a PJ configuration, precision(ish) neck profile and have a preference for natural in fact [url="http://www.music-trade.co.jp/Bass_80021059carte.html"]this[/url] with a J pickup would be the daddy. However, if you fancy this bass and have any four string to trade try me (cash my way or your way always an option).

To be honest it would be great if any 4 string KSD (non-ebs circuit) owners, who obviously will not need to be persuaded of the quality of these basses, just want to do a straight swap.

I am really into my finger funk at the mo and have been hankering after a traditional sounding 4 string for a while.

Might also be open to cash if you are the market for a decent five stringer...

Based in Dorking Surrey if you wanted to try it before committing.

Cheers

NV

Edited by NowVertical

[quote name='NowVertical' post='567559' date='Aug 13 2009, 01:51 AM']...The bass sounded great through other rigs and presented a great foh sound (check it out [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSQlG27CtgY&feature=related"]here[/url] a very rare rock excursion for me).[/quote]
I liked that vid. :)

Out of interest, were you in the original M R line up? :ph34r:

[quote]I liked that vid[/quote]

Cheers...always a bit concerned about my involuntary head movements.

[quote]Out of interest, were you in the original M R line up?[/quote]

Nope...I am getting on a bit...but not quite from that era. It was a fun year and a bit with them, got to do a bit of travel (Singapore) and played my largest gig to date (opening up at Retrofest...forget the thrill of playing to a big crowd, I was just so chuffed with the onstage monitoring...massive slabs, great engineer, Ampeg SVT with 8x10 behind me!!. Eventually though I handed my notice in becuase the music (don't get me wrong they are great happy pop tunes!!) was just not my bag, I have a slightly more miserable/cynical outlook:lol: