Why become a member? ×

Jap Jazz in Olympic White - Feeler

gbrand42

I apologise that my first post is in the For Sale section, however I was a regular in the old bassworld forum with the same user name.

Some of you from the old forum may remember a certain Oly White Jap Jazz that was eventually bought by a guy called Rush Rule.

I ended up buying it from him, but to be honest I have probably played it twice in the last year, it deserves better.

Now I am a lazy so and so, and I can't be bothered with sending it through the post.

I am in Ashford, Kent so if anyone is local to me and fancies a very playable 80's jazz (complete with a few dings) PM me.

Due to the fact that I need it to be picked up I am open to offers in the region of £300. It will come with a padded gig bag.

I've attached a word file that has some pics taken when it was sold to me. Condition has not changed since then[attachment=2276:JapJazz.doc]

PM me if interested.

Cheers
Graham

Would you accept PayPal?

[quote name='gbrand42' post='60294' date='Sep 14 2007, 10:57 AM']I apologise that my first post is in the For Sale section, however I was a regular in the old bassworld forum with the same user name.

Some of you from the old forum may remember a certain Oly White Jap Jazz that was eventually bought by a guy called Rush Rule.

I ended up buying it from him, but to be honest I have probably played it twice in the last year, it deserves better.

Now I am a lazy so and so, and I can't be bothered with sending it through the post.

I am in Ashford, Kent so if anyone is local to me and fancies a very playable 80's jazz (complete with a few dings) PM me.

Due to the fact that I need it to be picked up I am open to offers in the region of £300. It will come with a padded gig bag.

I've attached a word file that has some pics taken when it was sold to me. Condition has not changed since then[attachment=2276:JapJazz.doc]

PM me if interested.

Cheers
Graham[/quote]

[quote name='gbrand42' post='60316' date='Sep 14 2007, 11:41 AM']Would prefer cash on collection really, I need the dosh for another purchase.

Sorry to be a pain in the Rse[/quote]

I might have this back (im Rush_rule) This was a great bass. If you still have it at the end of the month i'll have it.

I only sold the bass because of the hassle it caused when i bought it, i just wanted rid f it. If i remember correct its a 1988. Does it still have the badass on?

Nick

Edited by Magnolia

[quote name='Magnolia' post='60325' date='Sep 14 2007, 11:51 AM']I might have this back (im Rush_rule) This was a great bass. If you still have it at the end of the month i'll have it.

I only sold the bass because of the hassle it caused when i bought it, i just wanted rid f it. If i remember correct its a 1988. Does it still have the badass on?

Nick[/quote]

Hi Nick, I totally agree it is a great bass, if it does not sell I won't be too sorry. I just don't use her as often as I should, preferring my Jaydee to the growly jazz.

It has the fender bridge back on it, I confess I had a go at filing the saddles on the baddass and screwed the first one up a bit.

I still have the Badass and 3 unfiled saddles / one screwed-up one and will happily chuck it in if the buyer wants it.

Graham

[quote name='Magnolia' post='60325' date='Sep 14 2007, 11:51 AM']I might have this back (im Rush_rule) This was a great bass. If you still have it at the end of the month i'll have it.

Nick[/quote]

If the pics are accurate, then no.

[quote name='neilb' post='60420' date='Sep 14 2007, 02:44 PM']If the pics are accurate, then no.[/quote]

The pics shown are the ones I took before I put the badass on when i owned it. I can obviously tell the difference between the look of a standard and a badass bridge.

Nick

[quote name='Mike' post='60449' date='Sep 14 2007, 03:58 PM']Ha. I'm more of a lurker, don't post too often, I find the back-patting intelligensia very tiring. I use it to keep up with news and so forth. My handle was "Jaco" :huh: probably not a good name to have here![/quote]

Mike

I do exactly what you mean. I don't post anything like as often as I used to, but I too do my fair share of lurking to keep abreast of all things Steely.

I've recently reformed my Dan tribute band and we did our first gig with the new line-up last Sunday at a venue called The Musician in Leicester. We had a great night but I must say that it's easy to forget just how challenging the music is. :) :huh:

See you in the blue maybe. :huh: