Why become a member? ×

STU HAMM UK CLINICS AUGUST 2009

Firebird63

just back from the Colchester clinic - pretty good to see/hear him up close, though as others have said sound wasn't all that, especially from the hydrive combo he used for a bit - seemed to be breaking up a little?! Always prefered his old Kubickis over the Urge basses but did like the gold sparkly paint!!

as an aside, was my first visit to the bass merchant - lots of nice stuff in there - think i may need a Spector now! D'oh! Will have to pay another visit when i've got some funds!!!

peace

c

[quote name='3V17C' post='567436' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:52 PM']just back from the Colchester clinic - pretty good to see/hear him up close, though as others have said sound wasn't all that, especially from the hydrive combo he used for a bit - seemed to be breaking up a little?! Always prefered his old Kubickis over the Urge basses but did like the gold sparkly paint!!

as an aside, was my first visit to the bass merchant - lots of nice stuff in there - think i may need a Spector now! D'oh! Will have to pay another visit when i've got some funds!!!

peace

c[/quote]
Yeah, i noticed that too.
I was tempted to turn around to see if the Hartke reps were cringing about it!
The combo certainly didn't sound as good as it should have done.

Good fun though, and lovely bloke, and worth every penny!.

Funnily enough, the fill in Blue Powder (Steve Vai - Passion & Warfare) was the very bit of music that first made me notice his playing and who he was and become a fan about 15 years ago.
When he got to the Q&A bits he said "don't ask who plays faster, Joe or Steve, and don't ask me to play the blue powder fill" which he promptly did anyway - it certainly made me chuckle...

[quote name='bluesparky' post='567744' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:29 AM']When he got to the Q&A bits he said "don't ask who plays faster, Joe or Steve, and don't ask me to play the blue powder fill" which he promptly did anyway - it certainly made me chuckle...[/quote]

Yeah he was very funny at times. At the Exeter gig a similar quote...

"Any question? Just don't ask who plays faster, Joe or Steve..........It's yuangi anyways ! "

Edited by Badass