Why become a member? ×

Peavey Basic 112 combo

radansey

It's a fair price for what it is, assuming it's in decent condition.

Realistically though, what it is falls into that dodgy no-mans-land, where it's too big to be a home practice amp but doesn't really cut it for gigging. That said, if your band plays relatively quietly or if it's only for a stage monitor then you'll probably be fine.

A

Went and auditioned it last night - and bought it. Sounds OK - some reviews state that it lacks punch, but I didn't find that - plenty punchy, although I was playing my active bass through it.

As I said previously, it is much lighter (48lb) than my TNT (85lb) and hence a bit more 'luggable', not as hernia-inducing, and means that I don't need to do a nad count when I lug it into the back of the car myself.

So now I have the best of both worlds - the TNT for the larger church gigs and the 112 for the smaller, church-hall gigs.

Just need to sneak it past the missus 'yes, dear, I've had it in the loft/garage/shed/car/study for years'. I'll just tell her that I've been feeding the Microbass with steroids. :)

Ross