Why become a member? ×

Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s neck

in my never ending quest to find me a nice les paul standard, i'm selling this one

it's actually a very nice les paul standard, i.....er.....just don't really like the colour!
It's 2003 with a 60s neck, finished in deserburst and a really nice dark rosewood fretboard (not like the really light examples Gibson are putting out these days). It's had a Rio Grande pickup retro-fitted at the bridge which I think is a Barbecue bucker (or something like that). Now I've adjusted it to it's proper height it's really snappy now and provokes my LC30 into mild overdrive on clean crunch and screams when it's wound up to 10.
No dings, dints, scrapes or scratches through the wood - there's a fair bit of buckle rash on the back but nothing that has penetrated through the finish. There appears to be a scratch on the top - again nothing through the finish that I didn't spot when I bought it, it only seems to show up when viewed from a particular angle in the light. No dinks or dints on the headstock or the back of the neck, virtually zero fretwear and it does play very nicely indeed. I'm not in a rush to sell, but I've seen a honey burst one and a heritage cherry one (which i prefer slightly) which are a bit dearer than mine but I am keen on 'em....

Looking for in the region of what I paid for this - £970 ONO - comes with the case and I'm Leicester based. Can meet halfway or deliver for a few bob in petrol. I'd anticipate it costing about £40 to ship with the requisite insurance (£1000 worth), but going by the latest shipping farrago of instruments being delivered to the wrong address, I can't say I'm keen.
Anyway, the pics are here. I'm not going to stick it on ebay I don't think, as I said, I'll sell it if I find one that takes my fancy and I think the good lady will probably have something to say about how long it took me to find this one.....

[i]edited to say.....[/i] I forgot to mention, when I got it the plastic jackplate was shot to sh*t and needed replacing, so I went and bought a proper Gibson chrome one at a cost of nine english pounds and 99 pence. I've still got the packet with the four unused screws and the knackered plastic jackplate as well. Also I have the pickguard which has never been fitted to the guitar and so there are no unsightly screwholes on the side or top where the pickguard would be fitted

Edited by john_the_bass