Why become a member? ×

Nomad Bassman 1U Rack FX

BIG.J

Hi Folks,

I bought this Nomad Bassman 19" 1U FX unit from Silverfoxnik a few months ago, I realy don't use it and i am cutting down on my rack gear!

The Nomad seems to be quite a rare piece of kit and I've looked around on Ebay and Harmony Central amongst other places for more info on the company or the unit itself, but I just can't find a thing about either. The pics have been taken by Silverfoxnik and he has kindly agreed for me to use them for this add.

It's pretty versatile, with an excellent Chorus sound, pretty good Octaver, an okay Flanger and a very good Compressor, though it's not subtle! The effects can be used independently or in any combination of the four. Soundwise, using all 4 effects together is just a bit too processed sounding for me, but using the Compressor and the Octaver together can give you some great P-Funk sounds!

Anyway, I'm looking for around £45 + p&p. Am happy to post or it can be collected and tried out first for anyone who's nearby.. Thanks for looking and, any questions, please just ask!

Justin.

Edited by BIG.J

[quote name='voxpop' post='552312' date='Jul 27 2009, 08:40 AM']What are the connectors on the back? XLR or jacks?

Thanks[/quote]
Jacks IIRC...

Very interesting unit this.. For music which really feature bass at the forefront of the sound, like P-Funk, rare groove, '80's synth-pop etc, etc, it's excellent! I used it when we did a Depeche Mode number and it was perfect for that sort of stuff.. Also, used the octaver on 'Superstition' which was cool as well..