Why become a member? ×

Pro Ject Debut 3 turntable

[attachment=29416:DSC00130.JPG]Right ladies and gents. What we have here is another one of my fads. A wee story as well.

Whilst perusing a upmarket hi fi shop in Glasgow, I got talking to the guy about Linn Sondeck turntables, As I used to be into hi fi years ago I was asking him how much they go for now. As they are the Ferrari of the turntable world I knew it would be a few bob. He mentioned 14 and 16. I realised that he was talking about 14 thousand!!!!! The guy has speakers at £35,000 for flucks sake!!

So I ended up buying a ex demo turntable off him, a Pro Ject Debut 3, for a bit less that the above and went and spent £40 on secondhand vinyl. Set it up at home thinking, groovy, just like the old days, so I got out my tin and skined up....Naw only kidding. I lost intrest in 2 days and now need shot of it.

It is almost new condition, has an ortrafon cartridge and plays 45`s and Lp`s. If you come round you can hear it playing Dark side and it`s true, it does sound better on vinyl. The same turntable will cost £190 in Richer Sounds so a bargin is too be had. Pm me if intrested.

Jez

[attachment=29415:DSC00133.JPG]
[attachment=29416:DSC00130.JPG]

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='548274' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:39 PM'][attachment=29416:DSC00130.JPG]Right ladies and gents. What we have here is another one of my fads. A wee story as well.

Whilst perusing a upmarket hi fi shop in Glasgow, I got talking to the guy about Linn Sondeck turntables, As I used to be into hi fi years ago I was asking him how much they go for now. As they are the Ferrari of the turntable world I knew it would be a few bob. He mentioned 14 and 16. I realised that he was talking about 14 thousand!!!!! The guy has speakers at £35,000 for flucks sake!!

So I ended up buying a ex demo turntable off him, a Pro Ject Debut 3, for a bit less that the above and went and spent £40 on secondhand vinyl. Set it up at home thinking, groovy, just like the old days, so I got out my tin and skined up....Naw only kidding. I lost intrest in 2 days and now need shot of it.

It is almost new condition, has an ortrafon cartridge and plays 45`s and Lp`s. If you come round you can hear it playing Dark side and it`s true, it does sound better on vinyl. The same turntable will cost £190 in Richer Sounds so a bargin is too be had. Pm me if intrested.

Jez

[attachment=29415:DSC00133.JPG]
[attachment=29416:DSC00130.JPG][/quote]
Great turntables my mate has one and it's amazing.
I think Sondecks are a little cheaper than that.
I owned one a while back and they are great.
Ferrari would be Simon York, Clearaudio, maybe a new Max Townshend.
I own a Project Classic with a nice cartridge, does me.

Aargh would love this is I wasn't totally broke right now!

Should be starting some work monday though not sure when I'd get paid if it's still around would definately take it off your hands though!

Would depend on if you'd be able to ship it or not though.

Edited by simwells