Why become a member? ×

Getting old!

onehappybunny

Cheers for the advice - great stuff and all bases covered!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='548109' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:16 PM']Get a trolley or something, you won't get a full valve sound from a lightweight amp.[/quote]

You're probably right. Just a question about how close it can get. I'm currently thinking that given the audience doesn't really notice anyway, as long as I'm happy it's close enough (and it saves my back) I may have to settle for a 'valve-like' sound

[quote name='budget bassist' post='548142' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:32 PM']Maybe get a lightweight cab but keep the amp?[/quote]

Maybe but current Dr Bass is only about 23kg's (although one of Alex's Compacts may save a few kg's)

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='548160' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:38 PM']I was fascinated by the "getting old" comment[/quote]

Yeh, state of mind totally. I feel like a Victorian Dad when other members of our band are chatting to other bands they know (they're c.8-9 years younger than me). I still act like a kid a lot of the time tho' :D

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='548186' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:51 PM']Old for a bloke is when you become completely invisible to teenage girls![/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='OldGit' post='548177' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:47 PM']You probably need to get out and try a few light weight rigs.[/quote]

Great advice, as too often we buy gear without even trying it :rolleyes: . Will try to get out and try a few (top of list are TC Rebelhead, Shuttle and R500). If they can't get close enough I'll probably go with the trolley option

[quote name='RhysP' post='548192' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:53 PM']Seriously, put your health first, you don't want to make your back worse.
I've felt like I'm 84 for the past 18 months.[/quote]

Probably the best advice received so far. Sorry you've been suffering - hope it gets sorted soon.

[quote name='Shaggy' post='548245' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:23 PM']If you're happy with the Mesa then gigging with it on average once a month shouldn't be too much of a bind. Just get a lightweight head or combo for rehearsing[/quote]

Just feels a bit of an extravagance using an expensive head just once a month... but if I can get a cheap lightweight head for rehearsals that could work. Hmmmmmmm...

[quote name='chris_b' post='548432' date='Jul 22 2009, 11:46 PM']Keep it downstairs. That would help your knees![/quote]

Good idea but Mrs.Happybunny would not be happy bunny no longer if my amp head cluttered her warren

[quote name='RichB' post='548956' date='Jul 23 2009, 02:42 PM']stana stair lift?[/quote]

That's what I'm trying to avoid ending up in :)

Cheers everyone for the advice!