Why become a member? ×

SOLD Rane DC24 rack compressor

JimBobTTD

Here we have the Rane DC24 rackmount compressor. It is the best available according to [url="http://www.ovnilab.com/"]this chap[/url] who has tested a million different compressors. In the [url="http://www.ovnilab.com/reviews/toppicks.shtml"]quick summary[/url] he gives it top marks, and in the [url="http://www.ovnilab.com/reviews/dc24.shtml"]full on review[/url] he seems to like it just as much.

It's in "used" condition, but it works perfectly well. The power supply is one of Rane's standard weird jobbies with the telephone cable jack thing which has had that extra bit of plastic snap off. I still have it, and right now I just tape the power lead into the unit and it all works smoothly. I have printed out all the stuff from Rane's great website, so I could say that the manual is included.

Why am I getting rid of it? I'm a bit embarrassed to say, really. I want a compressor which has an IEC power jack (kettle lead) so it will fit in my rack with my power conditioner. Right now I use the Rane with an adaptor, but I want something which is easier and doesn't need to be bolted down inside the rack case. So yes, I am getting rid of the "best" rackmount compressor because I want one that fits better. As I said, a bit embarrassing!

For trades: I would like a rack compressor with an IEC jack. Something like a dbx, or a TC Electronics C300 or something like that, with a bit of cash difference either way if necessary.

The catch: I am in Sweden and will not be in the UK for ages, probably not before Christmas 2010. This means that any trades will need to be posted to me here. It's no harder than posting something domestically, but some people (for some reason) have a bit of a problem with sending stuff overseas.

For sale at [b]£100 including postage[/b].

Pics:

and an older pic of the rear, including the back of the power conditioner

Edited by JimBobTTD

Sorry, no idea what I was thinking. I have my sound right now, and so changing it just to make it a little more neat is about as stupid as I could possibly be. Still, at least I changed my mind before anyone showed interest!

WITHDRAWN!!

• 8 months later...

Back up for sale. My situation has changed a little, and I am no longer using this. Also, in the review above, the guy says it is hard to set up, and he isn't lying. I've pretty much given up on it now. Besides, my speakers can take a lot more punishment than what my amp is giving them, so I think they are safe.

I'm still up for trades, such as a more simple rack compressor. I'm also after an Ibanez Weeping Demon wah and EMG preamps and pickups. My want list is in my signature.

Edited by JimBobTTD