Why become a member? ×

[Gone] Roland EP760

Eight

Thought about this and decided that I'll just give it to any BCer that wants it.

It's a Roland EP-760 semi-weighted digital piano. [b]75[/b] keys since [b]one of the Es is dead[/b] and I can't be bothered to have it fixed (probably just a lose or worn switch in the mechanism).

Some of the marketing balls from Roland

[b]# Roland's most realistic piano sounds and 64-voice polyphony[/b]
Not that realistic anymore, but for the time it was decent. The piano sounds are actually pretty good, the church organ is canny, and the rest are ok.

[b]# Intuitive operation via dedicated buttons and simple LED display[/b]
It has very few features compared to new Yamahas etc. so damn right it's intuitive.

[b]# 65 preset songs for listening enjoyment or practice[/b]
Utter waste of memory chips.

[b]# Onboard reverb and chorus effects for "concert hall" sound[/b]
Roland obviously don't visit many concern halls. The 'verb and chorus are passable.

[b]Owning a Roland digital piano has never been this easy![/b]
You can say that again - I'm giving this away.

[b]And thanks to its 5W + 5W output power, you can rest assured that your musical efforts will not go unnoticed. Of course, you can also connect headphones and play late at night or early in the morning without disturbing your family or neighbors. For added flexibility, the ep-760 has two audio outputs (stereo) that allow you to connect your piano to your home stereo system. If you are considering adding a sound module to be controlled via MIDI, you can connect the sound module’s outputs to the ep-760’s audio inputs, so that no additional amp is required.[/b]
Ok here's the main plus points. The built in speakers are handy for home use. The two audio outs are very useful, and the MIDI in and out are exactly why you want this. It can act as a midi controller (just keys, there are no assignable knobs) or receive GM midi for playback.

It also has a simple two track recording facility.

I'm offering it without a stand (since I broke it), without the music stand (which I never got). without the manuals (lost), and without the power adapter (which I also lost and have been using a Maplin multi selectable one).

Free if you want to pick it up or meet me somewhere in Tyneside. Otherwise, I'd ask you to pay shipping (which I'm guessing would be £15-20 but would find out for anyone who thinks they'd want this).

Just getting rid of this because I have another digital piano which I never play either.

Edited by Eight