Why become a member? ×

1985 MIJ '72 Fender Jazz Bass

timmchale2009

HI Guys

I've got a 1985 72 reissue Jazz Bass (sn:a0****6) that i'm thinking of selling. It's in good condition and has a bit of a wear and tear with being 24 years old (like me haha) It's finished in natural so you can see the superb grain and has a maple neck. It's got seymour duncan JB quarter pounders in it to give it better clarity and warmth and it really has improved the quality over the stock pick ups. As i've said it has a few dings here and there and the back of the neck has a few dings and marks on it but nothing that in my opinion affects playability and this is how i purchased it a year ago. I've taken some photos to show the major dings and the back of the neck so i'm not hiding anything. comes with a padded warwick gig bag, spare black pickguard. Reason for selling i've recently purchased a Fender Roscoe Beck IV, Status Groove Bass V and a Rickenbacker 4003 and the jazz bass as lovely as she is has become a bit surplus to requirements.

Give me some ideas please and if the price is right we'll have a deal :-)

Tim

Edited by timmchale2009

• 6 months later...

[quote name='timmchale2009' post='532938' date='Jul 5 2009, 12:01 PM']HI Guys

I've got a 1985 72 reissue Jazz Bass (sn:a0****6) that i'm thinking of selling. It's in good condition and has a bit of a wear and tear with being 24 years old (like me haha) It's finished in natural so you can see the superb grain and has a maple neck. It's got seymour duncan JB quarter pounders in it to give it better clarity and warmth and it really has improved the quality over the stock pick ups. As i've said it has a few dings here and there and the back of the neck has a few dings and marks on it but nothing that in my opinion affects playability and this is how i purchased it a year ago. I've taken some photos to show the major dings and the back of the neck so i'm not hiding anything. comes with a padded warwick gig bag, spare black pickguard. Reason for selling i've recently purchased a Fender Roscoe Beck IV, Status Groove Bass V and a Rickenbacker 4003 and the jazz bass as lovely as she is has become a bit surplus to requirements.

Give me some ideas please and if the price is right we'll have a deal :-)

Tim[/quote]

Just wondering if this is still available? i know its a long shot! and how much would it be. or if you have sold it how much did you sell it for?