Why become a member? ×

GONE! - Status graphite 5 string

giblett123

Hi everyone

This is a status S1 graphite necked 5 string. The bass is in great condition with a really nice wood top & sounds awesome. The neck & fret work are in top condition & the only blemish is very small amount of buckle rash on the back of the body. I got this bass in a trade with JD1 recently & it is a really great sounding bass, loads of punch & definition as you'd expect with a Status & the B string is nice & tight, very playable! I love this bass but have enough trouble coping with 4 strings so would be looking to either sell at £650 ono or possible trade for a status S1 or S2 4 stringer in good nick.
Cheers for looking.

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='jcburn' post='532740' date='Jul 5 2009, 07:07 AM']Hey mate - whats the string spacing, scale length,weight and how does it balance?[/quote]

Hi,

Scale length is a 35", weight wise its no featherweight but not obscenely heavy (my sandberg jazz weighs more) & the balance seems pretty good to me, no neck dive probs, string spacing? I'm not entirely sure, obviously its narrower than a standard 4 but the neck profile on one of these is fairly shallow so you can still play the thing in comfort; I can still slap on it & I have zero skills in that area so it can't be that tight!
Cheers for looking.

[quote name='jcburn' post='532740' date='Jul 5 2009, 07:07 AM']Hey mate - whats the string spacing, scale length,weight and how does it balance?[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that status fives are all 18mm spacing apart from the kingbasses which come in two different spacings.

Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='532970' date='Jul 5 2009, 01:27 PM']I'm pretty sure that status fives are all 18mm spacing apart from the kingbasses which come in two different spacings.

Andy[/quote]

Cheers for the info Andy, I tried to measure it but its kind of difficult to do accurately & I couldn't find the spec online.
Many thanks.