Why become a member? ×

2 Valve Amp Heads - Wem Monitor Reverb & Carlsbro 100TC BOTH SOLD

chuckles

[quote name='umph' post='530179' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:40 AM']how much are you after for the WEM thats a very sexy looking amp[/quote]

Yes, it's awesome looking. I even have a (completely battered but lovely) matching cab and it looks marvellous. *sigh*

As for a price, I don't know. A fair wodge. It's on ebay for a ridiculous £500 but on here... Maybe £350?

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='530536' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:01 PM']How much for the Carlsbro? I need to buy old valve amps faster than JoeGarcia can blow them up. I have a TC100 and it sounded great until it blew up, awaiting shipping it off for an expensive fixing.[/quote]

Blimey! What do you do with them to blow them up, dare I ask?

In any case, I'd like £250 for it. It's just been revalved & serviced (in December) and not used very much since then.

Ta!

Stephen

[quote name='chuckles' post='530544' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:07 PM']Blimey! What do you do with them to blow them up, dare I ask?

In any case, I'd like £250 for it. It's just been revalved & serviced (in December) and not used very much since then.

Ta!

Stephen[/quote]

See 'New Band' in sig.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='530622' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:51 PM']See 'New Band' in sig.[/quote]

I like that demo you have. The amp that blew can't have been in good order though, eh? I do similar/worse with my Selmer T 'n' B often and its still in one piece (touch wood).

Nice work though. Do you play out much?

[quote name='chuckles' post='530633' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:56 PM']I like that demo you have. The amp that blew can't have been in good order though, eh? I do similar/worse with my Selmer T 'n' B often and its still in one piece (touch wood).

Nice work though. Do you play out much?[/quote]

Blatant thread hijack:
Not me that blew them, its JoeGarcia playing guitar, and its three so far he's exploded, one was freshly serviced. Think its just the volume he's doing it at with loads of dense pedals. Not letting him near my Matamp.

Are a fairly new band, so only on our second practice, exploding amps every time makes progress slow, that demo was end of first practice playing guitar through half my bass rig.

But yeah, those old Carlsbros are gonna be up and coming collectables, as they've run out of Hiwatts and such to gather.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='530701' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:05 PM']Blatant thread hijack:
Not me that blew them, its JoeGarcia playing guitar, and its three so far he's exploded, one was freshly serviced. Think its just the volume he's doing it at with loads of dense pedals. Not letting him near my Matamp.

Are a fairly new band, so only on our second practice, exploding amps every time makes progress slow, that demo was end of first practice playing guitar through half my bass rig.

But yeah, those old Carlsbros are gonna be up and coming collectables, as they've run out of Hiwatts and such to gather.[/quote]

Three amps! Buggeration. Does he blow speakers and then the output transformers go on the amps because of the lack of load on them? Or do the amps overheat and valves go pop-pop? Could try pointing a fan into the 'at risk' amp head(s)?

In any case, I hope you get it sorted! I like feedbacky-noise stuff. Do more!

[quote name='chuckles' post='530341' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:31 AM']Yes, it's awesome looking. I even have a (completely battered but lovely) matching cab and it looks marvellous. *sigh*

As for a price, I don't know. A fair wodge. It's on ebay for a ridiculous £500 but on here... Maybe £350?[/quote]
350 with the cab? ;o

[quote name='umph' post='530823' date='Jul 2 2009, 05:15 PM']350 with the cab? ;o[/quote]

I can't really get rid of the cab as it is - it's got 2 g12H heritage speakers in and they're worth a hundred and odd each and they're lovely and not for sale.

I could give you it unloaded but it weighs a shedload so it'd have to be collected. I'm not going to chuck it in for free though, chief.

£380 with empty cab would do.

Stephen

Feels like I should chime in on the thread jacking...

Don't know why Ive been so unlucky recently. Am driving them pretty hard but not blowing speakers I don't think. Ampeg V4 is currently bust (but was when I bought it really) and my old Laney 60 watter blew after I got my tech to put Golden Lion KT77's in. It's being looked at now.

Pretty sure it's not impedance issues either.

Should have two full stacks with four 4x12's when the amps are fixed as well as another for Organ (played with my feet).

These amps look sweet, if Mr Foxen doesn't go for that Carlsbro I may have it for Organ.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='530858' date='Jul 2 2009, 05:49 PM']Feels like I should chime in on the thread jacking...

Don't know why Ive been so unlucky recently. Am driving them pretty hard but not blowing speakers I don't think. Ampeg V4 is currently bust (but was when I bought it really) and my old Laney 60 watter blew after I got my tech to put Golden Lion KT77's in. It's being looked at now.

Pretty sure it's not impedance issues either.

Should have two full stacks with four 4x12's when the amps are fixed as well as another for Organ (played with my feet).

These amps look sweet, if Mr Foxen doesn't go for that Carlsbro I may have it for Organ.[/quote]

I would have thought your amp technician dude should have a good idea of what's happening from what he's having to fix. As long as he's any good. I suppose you can always go for a second opinion.

I'd be a little cheesed if I got a bunch of golden lion KT77's and the amp went tits up though!

It all seems to make a nice racket when it works though. It's the kind of thing I'd love to try and record if I was anywhere near you chaps but I'm which is a bugger.

Stephen

[quote name='joegarcia' post='531292' date='Jul 3 2009, 12:44 AM']Hopefully something simple... We'll see, tech has it now and will get onto it as soon as he's sorted the V4 which should be soon.

What sort of recording do you do then and whreabouts are you? :)[/quote]

Oh, just odds and sods. I record my friends and myself really. It's fun doing it but I'm up in Middlesbrough so its a bit of a commute to Bristol!

mmm, i have an early 70's carlsbro 60tc and i love it to bits.
it's sad at the moment because it needs a service but it sounds gorgeous cranked up. good luck with the sale.

Edited by pjbass

• 2 weeks later...