Why become a member? ×

Fuzzy Ducks

Muse_Cubed

Ok, first up is my trusty [b]EHX Russian Big Muff[/b]. It's in pretty good shape (let's face it, they're hard to break). I've removed the feet but I'll include them in the package when I send it. Two minor problems: the pots are a little bit scratchy but it's not a big problem; secondly I had to do some DIY repair to the 9V connector which I accidentally ripped off. Soldered it back on and there have been no problems since.

Comes in a wooden box for anyone who's into that sort of thing.

Price: [b][size=3]NOW SOLD[/size][/b]

Secondly is my [b]MXR Blowtorch[/b]. It's in good condition, no problems. I'm packaging it with the 18V power supply for funsies.

Price: £80 shipped

Edited by Muse_Cubed

[quote name='iamapirate' post='523977' date='Jun 25 2009, 06:26 PM']what amp do you use the BT with? How is it, generally, in your honest opinion![/quote]

I use it with an Ashdown ABM EVO II. It's a good pedal IMO and pretty versatile. There are a lot of options with the EQ controls, midshift and switching between "normal" fuzz and chainsaw fuzz via the red knob and I've found the blend control very useful. I'm replacing it simply because the Mastotron does the chainsaw effect better (better sustain and more variety) and I don't really require the overall versatility of the Blowtorch (I have 5 distortion boxes on my board...). It's the sort of pedal that divides people I think...a lot of people can't get over the "buzziness". It also requires a little perseverance to get the right settings, but the ones which work are pretty good.

The ODB-3 and the Blowtorch are very different animals really. I consider the ODB-3 a rather trebbly, hissy fuzz whilst the Blowtorch is much more flexible; that's the pedal's forte, it can do a lot of different sounds tending towards a synthy, chainsaw fuzz on the balls-out settings. But there's a wide variety of sounds in between...it also cuts through pretty well due to the blend control and there's little low end loss. The mid-shift's also a great feature. Haven't used the two pedals together though as they're in parallel loops.

• 2 weeks later...