Why become a member? ×

"Free Flatwounds"....Medium Scale

flatwound

I bought a set of D'Addario Flatwound strings ( Mee-dee-yum [u][b]Scale[/b][/u]) off a Basschat user here in Australia, I was told that he had a "bit of a problem with the silks running on to the nut..([i]easily taken care of with sharp blade[/i]) but length wise they were fine"... as he had them on his P Bass. My research tells me a Precision Bass has a 34" scale. ??
([i]Not blaming him as I bought them knowing they were medium scale strings, and he did offer me my coin back, but that's not the way I do business[/i])
I also checked with the bass boy at the local music store who said they should.. "just fit"....I am now convinced that he doesn't know "sh*t from clay" as he is the same guy who told me that there was never such a thing as a Rickenbacker Copy made by Kasuga.....there was, [b]I had one[/b] !!!
I have advertised them here in OZ on several forums and nobody seems to want them :)
[size=5]OK[/size] if anyone plays a [b]medium scale[/b] bass and would like to try a set of flatwounds, then I am happy to post the bloody things to ya, I will even pay the postage, [i]ya cant beat that[/i], unless I come across there and put them on for you, and I'm not that stupid.
(although I question[b][i] that [/i][/b]sometimes)
I checked on www.stringsdirect.co.uk and they are about 32 pounds.
Dont know how to be fair about this, but if anyone does "need" them, then the first reply [u]to this thread[/u] will get them.
I will check back in a day or so......
I will check your profile, and PM you regarding postal address etc
Cheers

[attachment=27563:D__addar...ings_002.jpg][attachment=27564:D__addar...ings_003.jpg]