Why become a member? ×

Bergantino NV610 cab & Fender BASSMAN 300PRO/AMPEG V4BH

rodl2005

1stly The FENDER 300 PRO. 300w (6 x 6550 power amp tubes 3x 12 AX7 & 1 x 12AT7 Pre amp tubes)

Switchable 8/4/2 ohms, 2 channel-one clean, one Overdrive-blendable, Onboard Dual band Compressor, 10 Band Graphic EQ. 75lbs
This IS a BEAST of an amp! HEAPS of Headroom = LOUD x 10!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can do an old school motown tone to a modern slap sound! Really is THAT versatile. The 2 chanel feature is THE greatest- Ch1. clean, Ch.2 has gain/overdrive, U can set the amount of overdrive U lke & then blend in clean ch.1 with it(or leave ch.1 out of it altogether) so U can ALWAYS have a clean bottom heavy sound in there with your overdrive= beautiful!
Channels, Graphic & compression are all footswtchable(supplied)
I usually run the channels at the same vol.( about 3-4)clean ch.1 for about 1/2 the stuff I play & use the blended ch.'s for 1/2. settings here are- ch.2 gain on about 6/10, chan.blend about 60% to ch.2(gained ch.)so blend control on 6( 10 = all ch.2 , 1=all ch.1) This gives me a nice bit of dirt , with a HUGE full, thick clean sound under it! LOVELY!!!!!
BASS & TREB controls- to taste-usually bass 6, treb 5, Graphic EQ adjusted to give a slight mid Boost- turn off & on depending with f/sw- Compression -usually on depending on room- bass comp on 6, treb comp on 3, compression blend control on centr detent(5). MAster vol on about 5- Beleive me-even with the channel volumes on 3/10-the master on 5= LOUD enough for a 8 piece band with Horns!
More to come....

BERGANTINO NV610 -6 x 10" sealed Speaker cab.

This cab -I bought 2nd hand after owning a SVT410HLF for a couple of years- & it injuring me....damn heavy B....ch! The Berg is about 12lbs lighter at 98lbs & is 6" taller & 4 or 5'' thinner than the svt410hlf. It is 750w RMS & handles the 300PRO FAR better than the Ampeg did. The HLF 'farted out' at about 1/3- 1/2 vol. on the 300PRO!!! Haven't tried the Berg past 1/2 volume- just coz it's SO DAMN LOUD!-even in a big auditorium I was afraid of annoying the ppl in OTHER rooms of the complex when I turned the amp up to 1/2 way!!!!!!
The BErg cab IMHO IS A SUPERB CAB! I've NEVER heard my bass sound SO CLEAR & ARTICULATE as well as sounding cool- not "Hi Fi" (there's NO TWEETER in this cab, but the speakers have been voiced to handle this) & still sounds ''VINTAGE" -if U want it to, but can easily sound modern with a quick adjust of the amp! My Keyboard player has said on virtually every gig I've used the Berg on- "I've never B4 heard EVERY note of yr bass..." When the Overdrive from the 300PRO is on this cab really shines-JUST sounds brutal! & if I use the BIG MUFF pi also/instead-it also sounds SO OLD SCHOOL - thick, solid OOOOOHHHH I lose adjectives(is that right???)
I A/B'd the cab with a AMPEG SVT810E & IMO the BERG floored it!! SOunded deeper, more punchy, clearer ... just better also IMHO- AND OF COURSE its FAR lighter, easier to move(than the SVT410HLF & 810) & cheaper than the 810 Can't remember what the 410HLF cost me , but I think NEW they're approx. the same as a NV610!!!!!!!!!
Believe me, I think-as they've said on Talkbass- the NV610 IS the SVT810 KILLER!

AMPEG V4BH amp head.

I thought I'd include this here as it sits atop the NV610 like it was made to!! Hmmmm?????
I know the 'purists' will say this incarnation of the V4 is not a patch on the '70's models, but IMHO it ROCKS!!!!!! Don't be fooled by the back panel of the V4BH which states "tube compliment- 4 x 6L6GC, 1x12AX7, 1x 12AU7", it has another 2 tubes-1x 12AX7 & 1x12AU7 up inside & not able to be seen unless U either take it apart or shine a torch thru the breather holes & peer into the preamp section.
It's 100w-tube watts- IME it's about as loud as the AMPEG SVT3PRO(450w s.s. amp) with my NV610 anyway. Also it's EASY 2 get the ''SWEET SPOT" in the output valves as it IS 100w U can crank it quite nicely! I'll add more after this weekend-as I'll be trying it with my BIG band at a gig with full PA support & 5-600 ppl! IMHO this amp has ALL the volume U need for onstage work-sure U need PA support-wgho doesn't at BIG stadiums,arenas etc...(perhaps the Fender 300PRO might get away with it...but yr ears wouldn't!!!!!!!! :)

It sure has a sweet 'AMPEG' sound- not quite as crisp as the s.s. or Hybrid Ampegs such as the B2R/E ot SVT3 PRO-2 amps I've previously owned & liked(just needed VALVES powering NOT s.state!) but is unmistakebly AMPEG in sound, & just cranking it in my basement at home I got a LOVELY power tube overdrive at about 1/2 vol. getting sweeter as I turned it up more-LOVELY!! Also with the pre- GAIN control I got a nice pre-amp overdrive also- this of course at a lower volume-but NICE also!
Will add more after this weekend!
Well gigged this amp-AMPEG V4BH- with the BIG band using the Bergantino NV610 cab!
WOW!!!!! ThIS AMP IS A BEAUTY!!!!!!! It just sits in the mix SO well!!!!!! HAd AMPLE Volume. I only had it on about 1/2, so had a fair bit to go B4 it even started OD-ing the tubes! Just a lovely full sound, that suited our music perfectly-we play all from 60's Aretha & James Brown, thru Parliament, '70's Disco to Beyonce etc.. So this amp had to cover all the bases!!!!! DID it with ease- nice slap sound as well as a ROCKING thump for old school stuff! Motown sound=beautiful!

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm Gonna have to choose between the Fender 300PRO & the AMPEG V4BH to take to gigs(great choice to have I know) The FEnder has the channel blending options & SUCH a POWERFUL THICK sound, BUT the AMPEG is 1/2 the weight-& sounds GREAT too!!!!! We'll see!

Edited by rodl2005

[quote name='rodl2005' post='4159' date='May 22 2007, 07:03 AM']1stly The FENDER 300 PRO. 300w (6 x 6550 power amp tubes 3x 12 AX7 & 1 x 12AT7 Pre amp tubes)
Switchable 8/4/2 ohms, 2 channel-one clean, one Overdrive-blendable, Onboard Dual band Compressor, 10 Band Graphic EQ. 75lbs
This IS a BEAST of an amp! HEAPS of Headroom = LOUD x 10!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can do an old school motown tone to a modern slap sound! Really is THAT versatile. The 2 chanel feature is THE greatest- Ch1. clean, Ch.2 has gain/overdrive, U can set the amount of overdrive U lke & then blend in clean ch.1 with it(or leave ch.1 out of it altogether) so U can ALWAYS have a clean bottom heavy sound in there with your overdrive= beautiful!
Channels, Graphic & compression are all footswtchable(supplied)
More to come....
Bergantino NV610 -6 x 10" sealed Speaker cab. ...to be completed...[/quote]

That deserves a CRIPES!

Shouldn't this be in the for sale thread?

A hundred pounds you say?

• 3 months later...

Having taken delivery of a NV610 from BC the other day, I can only agree. This is the best cab I've ever heard/played through in my life. Absolutely stunning, smooth even sound wherever you are on the fretboard. Very deep tone. Sounds like heaven with a nice clean bass through it. I'm looking forward to revving this beast up with the full band tomorrow!!!! :wub: :) :huh: