Why become a member? ×

my toys

low note lee

top to bottom; 1975 Fender Mustang Bass, January 2006 Fender Highway1 Jazz Bass (it was originally Satin Lacquer, i've just worn the finish down a bit), 2005 Squier California Jazz Bass (originally black; I'm in the process of re-finishing it).

The Mustang isn't strictly mine, but my dad never plays it. It's always in my room, so I say it's in my posession :huh:

Fender Jazz Bass; I bought a black control plate from ebay, and I want to make a transparent scratch plate to show off the finish underneath it. I'll be getting a Badass II bridge sometime soon.

Squier Jazz Bass; I need to get a new neck and tuner set for it, as they are of typical Squier quality; shithouse. The tuners buzz, and the truss rod is buggered. I'm looking at a Warmoth Maple neck for it, but I won't buy that for a while. I'll end up replacing the whole thing over time. :huh:

I play through a Genz Benz M-Line 200W combo box with 2x10" speakers. I have 2x12" JBLs sitting around, but the cab is stuffed, so I can't use them. I'll probably need to just make a new cab rather than stuff around with the current POS i have.

The Genz Benz isn't bad, but I sorely want an Ampeg system. The 4 figure price tag puts me off, though :)

Hope you like my stuff

Lee

[quote name='low note lee' post='54548' date='Sep 3 2007, 05:55 AM']top to bottom; 1975 Fender Mustang Bass, January 2006 Fender Highway1 Jazz Bass (it was originally Satin Lacquer, i've just worn the finish down a bit), 2005 Squier California Jazz Bass (originally black; I'm in the process of re-finishing it).

The Mustang isn't strictly mine, but my dad never plays it. It's always in my room, so I say it's in my posession :huh:

Fender Jazz Bass; I bought a black control plate from ebay, and I want to make a transparent scratch plate to show off the finish underneath it. I'll be getting a Badass II bridge sometime soon.

Squier Jazz Bass; I need to get a new neck and tuner set for it, as they are of typical Squier quality; shithouse. The tuners buzz, and the truss rod is buggered. I'm looking at a Warmoth Maple neck for it, but I won't buy that for a while. I'll end up replacing the whole thing over time. :huh:

I play through a Genz Benz M-Line 200W combo box with 2x10" speakers. I have 2x12" JBLs sitting around, but the cab is stuffed, so I can't use them. I'll probably need to just make a new cab rather than stuff around with the current POS i have.

The Genz Benz isn't bad, but I sorely want an Ampeg system. The 4 figure price tag puts me off, though :)

Hope you like my stuff

Lee[/quote]

What's the black control made out of low note lee

Edited by beerdragon

[quote name='lwtait' post='54743' date='Sep 3 2007, 11:21 PM']Nice basses you've got there, especially the mustang.

What colour are you going to refinish the squier jazz?[/quote]
None :huh:

I was planning on covering it with cartoons. At the moment, I'm thinking Astro Boy. I might make a thread here asking what to do, though.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='54915' date='Sep 4 2007, 04:30 AM']What's the black control made out of low note lee[/quote]

Aluminium, I think...
It's some kind of metal :)