Why become a member? ×

Would a rockbass neck swap straight out for a warwick neck?

kevbass

[quote name='kevbass' post='516809' date='Jun 17 2009, 07:40 PM']Hello chaps and chapesses, I like the look of the new rockbass streamer lx, my question is, are warwick necks the same depth as rockbass necks? think a rockbass neck would swap straight out for a standard warwick one?
cheers folks[/quote]

In all honesty, you may find it cheaper to buy a ‘real’ Streamer LX 2nd hand than to buy a RockBass Streamer LX and change the neck on it…

The neck dimensions could be similar, but the screw holes will most likely not be, so you'd have to dowel and re-drill.

As Ben said, you'd be better off just buying a secondhand Warwick Streamer LX! They can be had for around £450.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='517249' date='Jun 18 2009, 11:00 AM']In all honesty, you may find it cheaper to buy a ‘real’ Streamer LX 2nd hand than to buy a RockBass Streamer LX and change the neck on it…[/quote]

Well the thing is I have a warwick neck already, I was going to buy the rockbass swap out the body and sell the neck on ebay, so saying that I would buy the rockbass for about £275, sell the neck and hopefully get around £50 for it with all hardware so total spend would be about £225

[quote name='kevbass' post='517410' date='Jun 18 2009, 02:18 PM']Well the thing is I have a warwick neck already, I was going to buy the rockbass swap out the body and sell the neck on ebay, so saying that I would buy the rockbass for about £275, sell the neck and hopefully get around £50 for it with all hardware so total spend would be about £225[/quote]

Is the Warwick neck from the Streamer STD? If so it seems like a lot of trouble to me - you'd likely have to re-dowel the original Warwick neck and re drill to get it to fit. If you aren't knowledgeable about woodworking then it'll cost to have this done. Plus you'd end up with a hybrid homemade instrument that might be hard to sell and a Streamer STD body with no usable neck!

Hybrids work well with Fender instruments, but not with Warwicks.

You can buy a Corvette Std for £350 secondhand - that's an extra £75, but alot less trouble in the long run. :)

Edited by rjb