Why become a member? ×

SOLD ..BFM 015 WITH COMP HORN !!!!!! SOLD...

Hi, everyone, heres a BFM design cab, built by myself, its a 015 for bass, with comp horn.

[url="http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/Omni15.html"]http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/Omni15.html[/url]

Using only the finest ingredients available, !!! all new parts, .... the end result is amazing, very clear, very precise, goes lower than is right, great for all styles, and louder than you will ever need ........

Its has been used and gigged by me, is in great condition..well looked after, never played above volume 4, very efficent.....always gets great comments ect.

Only selling as I need to fund new BFM project, !!!.

The build pics are here,, [url="http://s351.photobucket.com/albums/q464/thylacine23/omni%2015%20LB%20build/"]http://s351.photobucket.com/albums/q464/th...5%20LB%20build/[/url]

Heres some quick pics and basic spec,

the cab is made from 1/2" baltic birch ply with seven plies, screwed and PU glued, all to my usual, "aviation quality level of craftsmanship and detail", Lol...

with a Emmy 15 inch Lf woofer, 8 inch Emmy mid, and a comp horn, all filters from parts supplied from John at AudioComponents, 8 ohms, lord knows how many watts, the 4 braked dolly is removeable if required, as are the side handles.......

Her sizes are, 34" tall with dolly, 29 3/4" without, 26 1/2" wide, by 17" deep, two jack sockets and speakon socket, ( wired for GK amps) in back. weighing in at 47kg, anything ive forgot to mention ask away.

I ll get a quote for postage, but id prefer collection....try it out ect.....bring your amp, have a brew, shift some air .. :)

And Now The gritty bit, Im looking for £350 , or, OR, p ex a Bass, hopefully a fretless !!!! WHY, ? .

Heres we go,, some pics...

[attachment=27232:67.jpg]

With a 3 unit case ontop, gives a idea of size

[attachment=27233:69.jpg]

Heres its first proper test, in my shed.

[attachment=27235:65.jpg]

Edited by thylacine23

Hi,
its gonna be a Titan39, with 2x12s inside, for that sub low end,!!!!! and a OT12 ontop with necked horn, for the mids.....Nice......

Also, two quite really easy builds, "its in the plans", I cannot recomend BFM enough, all the plans are complete with all you need to know, inc schematics for filters, and plans to make a saw guide, you just follow the instructions ....

However, the real fun starts, when you use it, them.... UNREAL !!!!!!!

The first one I made was a AUTOTUBA, basicly a folded sub horn for the car, using a real cheap 8" driver, the results blew me away, "that dont happen very often to me now",,, driven by a S/H 50watt amp, it sounds far better than alot of twin 12" sub boxes, that cost five times as much, I kid you not, and I luv my ice !!

So I then made the 015 LowBoy, shortly followed by a 015 TallBoy, which is my main rig now, for the mo at least... I always get a great sound from either and loads of intrest when in use,,,,,

,,, Personaly I love the look without the full grill, its different somewhat...

I find making them a real pleasure, the only bit I dont quite like so much is the carpeting, cause the spray glue stinks big time,,,,,,, arrchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ive just also been given, a nondescript 15" bass speaker, Lies, its a S/H used, wharfstale Circa.2005 I think.
[attachment=27263:IMG_0095.jpg]

[attachment=27264:IMG_0097.jpg]

which i shall be making a 0mniTop 15 for bass, out of too, soon. using cheap 5ply and painted, as a bass cab 15 bottom, just to abuse and show to others, the sheer sound quality for so little money,
I shall be posting that as a build thread when I start, cheers, Mark

[quote name='thylacine23' date='Jun 17 2009, 09:12 PM' post='516904']
Hi,
its gonna be a Titan39, with 2x12s inside, for that sub low end,!!!!! and a OT12 ontop with necked horn, for the mids.....Nice......

Hey - now you want to be careful doing stuff like that!!

You could end up shifting the Earth off it's axis :)