Why become a member? ×

GK 400RB

ardi100

Hi,

I rehearsed in a studio last night with a GK 400RB through a Hartke VX 4x10. I always take my amp (Roland DB500 combo) so I know how to adjust my sound but I thought I'd just plug in for a quick comparison.

Ooohh, it sounded so nice. Deep, thick bass with as much mids and tops as I wanted. The strangest thing was feedback. Or lack of it. I'm really fighting it with my amp but with the GK it just disappeared. It got really loud too.

It was so good I unplugged immediately, sat my amp on top of it and promised never to think about another amp again!

Guest subaudio

[quote name='ardi100' post='516080' date='Jun 17 2009, 08:14 AM']Hi,

I rehearsed in a studio last night with a GK 400RB through a Hartke VX 4x10. I always take my amp (Roland DB500 combo) so I know how to adjust my sound but I thought I'd just plug in for a quick comparison.

Ooohh, it sounded so nice. Deep, thick bass with as much mids and tops as I wanted. The strangest thing was feedback. Or lack of it. I'm really fighting it with my amp but with the GK it just disappeared. It got really loud too.

It was so good I unplugged immediately, sat my amp on top of it and promised never to think about another amp again![/quote]

Not used a 400RB but have a 700RB and am very happy with it, great sound and volume and very tweakable.

[quote name='subaudio' post='516178' date='Jun 17 2009, 10:10 AM']Not used a 400RB but have a 700RB and am very happy with it, great sound and volume and very tweakable.[/quote]
I've also used a 700RB in combo form (1x15) and was very happy with it. For BG though, not DB or EUB. For a 1x15 very clear bottom end.

Only reason I don't have it any more is that I have a smaller AND more powerful MarkBass CMD120P (?) ... the 1x12 combo anyway.

Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='517872' date='Jun 18 2009, 09:48 PM']I've also used a 700RB in combo form (1x15) and was very happy with it. For BG though, not DB or EUB. For a 1x15 very clear bottom end.

Only reason I don't have it any more is that I have a smaller AND more powerful MarkBass CMD120P (?) ... the 1x12 combo anyway.

Andy[/quote]

I tried a LM250 through a MB 4x10 in a different room in the same studio. Wasn't that happy with the results. I ended up switching back to me own combo.

I didn't have a good play with the filters, though.