Why become a member? ×

Searching for a Guild M85 - any advice ?

Nostromo

Could anyone offer any advice on how to get hold of a Guild M85 in good condition ?
I have no idea how rare they might be, no real understanding of what the market values are and even less of an idea of how to actually find one ?
My various ebay and other internet searches over recent months have not picked up even a single sniff of a "for sale" example ?
Are they as rare as hens teeth or am I just looking in the wrong places ?
Any advice on rarity, values or chance of finding one very much appreciated.
Nothing worse than wasting a load of time and effort looking for something that is not realistically out there in the marketplace to buy ?
Cheers All
:)

[quote name='Nostromo' post='512445' date='Jun 12 2009, 09:13 PM']Could anyone offer any advice on how to get hold of a Guild M85 in good condition ?
I have no idea how rare they might be, no real understanding of what the market values are and even less of an idea of how to actually find one ?
My various ebay and other internet searches over recent months have not picked up even a single sniff of a "for sale" example ?
Are they as rare as hens teeth or am I just looking in the wrong places ?
Any advice on rarity, values or chance of finding one very much appreciated.
Nothing worse than wasting a load of time and effort looking for something that is not realistically out there in the marketplace to buy ?
Cheers All
:)[/quote]

Hans Moust is the Guild expert and you can contact him [url="http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/"]here[/url].

I think there are two versions of this bass.

The earlier model is more hollow and has the Hagstrom single-coil Bisonic pickups (which Hammon Dark Stars are based on) and the later model which is less hollow and has the Guild humbuckers.

Another place you might get more info is the guys at [url="http://bassoutpost.com/index.php"]The Last Bass Outpost[/url]

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...