Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Squier Vintage-Vibe / Classic-Modified

DanOwens

Hello!

For sale is my Squier Hybrid. Its the body from a Vintage Modified Fretless and the neck from a Classic Vibe Jazz.

So what you get is the classic sunburst finish with the vintage-tinted lacquer neck. It has to be seen to be really appreciated. There are holes in the body for a scratchplate (the VM was from Howard [TheBassDoc] and he said it was a Mexican scratchplate) and I'll include a w/b/w and a b/w/b. I've never used either of them as I prefer the body bare.

As you can see, there are some amazing black streaks in the veneer top that makes it look spalted or like Korina or something. It looks AWESOME!!

The strings are black tapewound Status Hotwires. They are [u]nothing[/u] like Rotosound's black tapewound. These sound very lively and there brightness seems to be more in the upper-mids than the glassy highs, meaning this bass is a very vintage-sounding one. The Duncan-designed pickups are better than the one's in my other bass-tard (white CV body, fretless VM neck) but I'm planning Wizards for that so they stayed.

There are NO dings or scratches as I've hardly played it (I have a couple of other fretted basses that I can't seem to part from) and that's the main reason for selling it.

It comes with a brand new gig-bag and comes packed in the box that Howard [TheBassDoc] sent me the VM in. Very well packed!!

[s]The price is £200 posted ono. (£185 for bass, £15 for postage)

The price is £195 posted ono. (£180 for bass, £15 for postage)

The price is now £190 posted ono (£175 for bass, £15 for postage)[/s]

[b][u]The price is now £180 posted ono (£165 for bass, £15 for postage)[/b][/u]
Anyway: the pics:

Edited by DanOwens

Bump for yet another price drop. Come on guys. I need to sell this to fund some other purchases and this really is the best of Squier. Its a Vintage Modified bass but Sunburst. It has the great vintage-tinted Classic Vibe neck, so its also a Classic Vibe but in sunburst and with Duncan Designed pickups.

£175. No good? Make me an offer!

Dan

Ok guys,

Ahmed's done some negotiating and brought me down to below my lowest price at £165. If I'm offering it to him for that, I'll offer it to everyone at that.

Its lower than what I needed to get but I would like to shift it sooner rather than later.

So [b]£165[/b].

Dan

Edited by DanOwens

• 1 month later...

[quote name='badgerific' post='553844' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:45 PM']Trade for my BC Rich? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...rich+beast+bass"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...rich+beast+bass[/url][/quote]
if it hadn't sold, I'd be sorely tempted!!