Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Lightly modded Yamaha RBX270

Kongo

For sale is my Yamaha RBX270 I bought with the idea of modifying it heavily...I always loved the feel of my Yamaha RBX170 but I ran it into the ground.
I installed a SD Basslines 1/4 Jpounderazz pickup...then did nothing else and have since moved on. (with my fully decked out P-bass!)

It had been played a little bit...I used it for Stu Hamm and Victor Wooten songs.
It's real easy to play, low action fans will be pleased as it's a "Low as you like" bass...though I never went UBER low so I cannot say how much fret buzz there be...But would you want any lower?

Anyways...specs:

Natural Yellow Satin finish (Just natural wood looking...not yellow at all)
4-string
34" scale
24 frets
P / J pickup config
P-pickup stock, J-pickup SD BassLines 1/4 pounder pickup
1 volume, 1 blend, 1 tone
Passive Bass
"Barrel" type jack

Adding pics in about 1 hour. (HD photo's about 5MB need trimming back BIG time!)
BTW, bass comes with strings (said becuase photo's are without), a .105 - .45 Elites Stadium set. The only time I changed since buying it (and I change regularly).
Bass is as new...never rehearsed with, never gigged.

Bought it for £170 + £60 for the pickup.
Bass comes WITH the pickup.

Looking at around £120.
Great bass for beginner / intermediate or anyone wishing to play such a bass.
Thanks for looking.:)

Edited by Kongo

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='flip' post='521566' date='Jun 23 2009, 11:23 AM']My usual question, what's the weight and balance like?![/quote]

Don;t know the weight exactly but it's my lightest bass...Lighter than a P-bass, or lighter than mine anyways.
Balance is, as with why I bought another RBX 4-string, just like my first bass: Perfect.
Absolutly NO neck dive at all.

All this for £100!
Can do it including P&P if you like, I need the space more than the money, hence why I'm flogging it.

As new, REALLY needs playing...I loved my short time using it...But I really HAVE to start letting some go to new owners and let room for better gear.

:)

• 3 weeks later...