Why become a member? ×

Fender... Pff

Jobiebass

[quote name='Mokl' post='501211' date='May 29 2009, 08:08 PM']In all fairness you could get a raised fret on any instrument, no matter what the quality (I had to rectify one on my Fodera recently). You were probably unlucky to find a duffer amongst the current crop of US instruments IMO, and I would be surprised if it left the factory that way. In terms of neck shape and tone I'm not crazy about them FWIW, but having sold quite a few over the years my impression is that the quality is generally very good for the price point - certainly much more consistent than it has been for some time. The factory setups don't tend to do them any favours, but generally you can get them playing very nicely with relatively little fuss. If you like the idea of a USA Fender, then I wouldn't let the one bad experience put you off.[/quote]

True but I think for the price I'd like the 9th fret on the G-string to actually make a note...not just fret out.
That's not caused by humidity, the actual fret was prouder on the wire, not the tang lifted from the board.