Why become a member? ×

Price drop - Fender Japan Mustang Bass - *SOLD*
£775
Leicester

Posted (edited)

SOLD

I’m selling my 2013 Made in Japan Fender Mustang bass in cream/white.  

I believe it’s an alder body, maple neck, with a rosewood board and the bridge strung thru the body. I swapped the original brown tort scratch plate for a white one but both are included in the sale and are a straight swap. 

I understand these have a slightly narrower nut (40mm) than the Mexican-built Justin Meldal-Johnsen models (41.3mm) which some people might prefer.

It weighs 3.6kg, and balances well - an absolute doddle for long gigs and/or stiff shoulders. 

Owned by me since 2017, it’s in really good condition, with a couple of very minor surface dings and surface scratches - none through the paintwork at all.

The frets are in great condition. It was fully set up by Leicester luthier Howard Smith shortly after I bought it and hasn’t need tweaking since. 

It’s currently wearing a set of medium scale D’addario EXL160M nickel rounds, 50-105, which on the short 30” scale feel firm and growly while still allowing for string bends. 

It has medium/low action with room to go lower, a nice tight neck pocket and is overall a lively, resonant bass. 

I’ve found it a really good alternative to my usual P bass, but I don’t currently have a job so it’s a bit of a luxury now for me to keep them both. 

It comes with a clean and functional Original Gigbag company padded foam gigbag - it’s a nice snug fitting bag despite being fairly cheap and meant for full-size basses.

I’m looking for now just £725 plus postage within the UK only. Not looking to ship overseas so please don’t ask.

Any queries give us a shout.

cheers 

Edited by bassbiscuits
Marked as sold
  • Like 10

• bassbiscuits changed the title to SOLD - Fender Japan Mustang Bass