Why become a member? ×

greetings from the south

mcc

Hi all,

I've been around for a while looking at posts, seeking advise and trading stuff so I thought I would drop
a line in this section...

I'm currently in the UK for a year doing my masters, and originally come from Chile (South America,
right beside Argentina). I have been playing bass for about 15 years now, and get worser every day.
I listen to all sort of stuff but my list of favorite bass players would have to include: Billy Sheehan,
Stanley Clarke, John Myung, Stuart Hamm, Oliver Holzwarth, Roger Glover, Glenn Hughes, Stuart Zender,
Geezer Butler, Steve Harris, Victor Wooten, and many many more.

I currently own many more basses than I deserve, but its only to compensate having to get up every morning
to go to the office. All the studying has increased my GAS and now I have to see how I'm gonna get all my
stuff back home in one piece. I particularly like Status bases and my last acquisition a sunburst 1989 Fender
Precision Lyte, that replaces my hard earned one I got stolen when I was at high school.

My bass highlight is supporting Die Totten Hosen (german punk band) when they were on tour in Chile (I
got to fill in for the supporting band when the bass player could't make it) and after that sporadically small
gigs and clubs (got a full time job that makes it hard to take my playing to the regular gigging level)

[quote name='mcc' post='491012' date='May 17 2009, 11:30 PM']I have been playing bass for about 15 years now, and get worser every day.[/quote]

[quote]I currently own many more basses than I deserve, but its only to compensate having to get up every morning
to go to the office.[/quote]

A kindred spirit! You'll be very welcome here.

[quote name='mcc' post='491012' date='May 17 2009, 11:30 PM']Hi all,

my last acquisition a sunburst 1989 Fender
Precision Lyte, that replaces my hard earned one I got stolen when I was at high school.

My bass highlight is supporting Die Totten Hosen (german punk band) when they were on tour in Chile (I
got to fill in for the supporting band when the bass player could't make it) and after that sporadically small
gigs and clubs (got a full time job that makes it hard to take my playing to the regular gigging level)[/quote]

Ah.. i really like those Precision lytes.

and thats cool you got to support them.
heard OF them loads of times, but never actually heard them

welcome to basschat :)

Z
x