Why become a member? ×

*SOLD PENDING*Warwick Corvette STD 5 Sting

kiiight

Warwick Corvette STD Ash 5 string.

Bought of 'Beneath It All' in Feb. Played twice at home and once at practise. I love the bass but the strings are just too close together (keep playing the wrong notes!!).

Comes with hard case and is in fantastic condition.

Would like to get back what I paid for it which was £380.

I am open to trades depending on what you're offering.

[attachment=25447:DSCF0761.JPG]

[attachment=25448:DSCF0760.JPG]

[attachment=25449:DSCF0759.JPG]

Edited by kiiight

Warwick for £380!
what's it like? Always wanted a Warwick and a 5-string too!
I like the sound of J-pups but they sound a little on the thin side on Jazz basses...are they much the same or slightly beefed on these?

I know he played a different Warwick (A thumb I believe) but Ryan Martini uses Warwicks and he gets an awesome cutting tone...Would love to get close to it but add my own to it.

I'm tempted by this but I must fight the GAS...Gah!

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='491993' date='May 18 2009, 11:02 PM']I'm tempted by this but I must fight the GAS...Gah![/quote]
Don't fight it - you're only hurting yourself.

Thankfully, I don't have £380 or I'd be after this myself. :)

[quote name='Eight' post='492065' date='May 19 2009, 07:07 AM']Don't fight it - you're only hurting yourself.

Thankfully, I don't have £380 or I'd be after this myself. :)[/quote]

I know...my GAS started when I couldn't afford a Warwick Corvette and I've suffered since...this would close the door but I'm buying a Cab which I need more than another bass...
I pray to god that next month something like this will appear or I'll kick myself for not buying a better amp in the first place LOL!

*sigh* This is just such a good deal...WHY IS IT STILL HERE TAUNTING ME!?

[quote name='Kongo' post='492526' date='May 19 2009, 05:24 PM']I pray to god that next month something like this will appear or I'll kick myself for not buying a better amp in the first place LOL![/quote]
Hahahah.

Well maybe it's fate - if you're meant to be together then maybe this bass will still be here next month. Hey it happened with my Vampyre - I couldn't buy it for a few months because of MOTs, bills etc. but luckily it was still for sale when I got the money.

[quote name='Eight' post='492755' date='May 19 2009, 09:58 PM']Hahahah.

Well maybe it's fate - if you're meant to be together then maybe this bass will still be here next month. Hey it happened with my Vampyre - I couldn't buy it for a few months because of MOTs, bills etc. but luckily it was still for sale when I got the money.[/quote]

...I'll start praying now...
This bass started my GAS...it needs to end...may we finally be joined...But my luck doesn't go that far...maybe...

[quote name='kiiight' post='493304' date='May 20 2009, 02:44 PM']You've got to love GAS.

We all have it.

You know you want to buy it!![/quote]

I DO and I WOULD LOL!
But it'd leave me with almost nothing for an entire month. I am trying to scramble cash owed from folks though...
But there's a better head to buy as well...hmmm that's why I say I should be careful.

Trust me, if I had just £200 more to my name I would have had this by now! :)
Serious interest here...just slightly short on wallet unfortunatly.

You see, if it were I, I wouldn't want to buy a head before such a lovely bass. I mean, what if the two just didn't get on.

Nope - a far better plan would be to get the bass first, that way you can make sure the head is compatible.

I know the history of this bass very well (check my avatar) and you can rest assured it has been very well looked after including regular waxing. It is also incredible at holding it's tuning, even from one spot outside to the second set inside.

You can buy this knowing it's just an honest unmolested instrument that has been looked after.