Why become a member? ×

Gallien-Krueger MB112-II 1x12" 200W Bass Amp Combo - £150 - Please Read Description - Sound Samples Included
£150
Leicestershire

I am selling the GK MB112-II 200-watt power amp with ceramic 12" speaker. I bought it in spring 2018 and only used it for home practice. As you can see from the photos, the chassis is in very good condition. However, during the heatwave of 2022, I noticed some crackling noises, a bit like old vinyl records, difficult to describe. I decided not to get it checked over, but bought a bigger amp, the 500w Eich BC112 Pro, instead (as bigger is always better ; -). Since then, the GK was in our loft as a backup, but after our recent renovation project, we need the space and I have to sell it. I tried it out today and it sounded ok, maybe a very slight distortion-ish sound when playing lower notes. Maybe it is a small issue, maybe not, that's why I think that my asking price is fair as you can use the combo for home practice all day long. The last one sold here on BC went for £300, new they cost £649 (https://www.andertons.co.uk/gallien-krueger/gallien-krueger-mb-112-bass-combo-303-0591-b) and there is a used one on Reverb for £599(!). 

Collection only, although I will have to travel to Leeds in late May to buy more tiles for the next stage of our house renovation project (and probably have to sell some more stuff for that too ; -)

Product Specs:

MB112-II Combo

The MB112-II is one of the smaller amps in Gallien-Krueger's MB Series II range, but it still packs a serious punch! With a 200-watt power amp and ceramic 12" speaker, the MB112-II is a killer companion for the gigging musician used to performing in small/medium-sized venues. It's great for practice too, with its auxiliary input and headphone output letting you jam along to your favourite tracks in silence.

Key Features

- 4-Band Active EQ — Derives from GK's legendary 800RB amp. Provides extensive tone-shaping potential so that you can find the sonic sweet-spot, especially with the 'Hi Mid' and 'Lo Mid' knobs.

- Contour Control — Completely re-voices the amplifier by tuning between two different shaping circuits, with greatly different responses. When the the control is engaged, the low-end is slightly boosted, the mids are scooped, and the high-end is pushed up; great for slap!

- Variable Q — Another feature inherited from the 800RB. This unique design varies the EQ bandwidth to retain a musical response even at extreme settings. In other words, it's hard to make the MB112-II sound bad!

- USA-Designed Speaker — The special ceramic driver with 2.5" edge wound aluminium voice coil, designed just for this cabinet, is manufactured in the GK USA factory.

- Lightweight Design — Plywood construction, aluminium chassis, switch mode power supply and power amp deliver 200W performance in a rugged 30lb (13.6kg) package.

-  Contemporary Connectivity — Balanced DI with pre/post switch, aux in and headphone output for silent practice, plus "chain out" to drive GK's MBP powered enclosures (pair with the 112 MBP).

- Switch Mode Power — Extremely lightweight switch mode power supply and power amp deliver 200W into the speaker with very little wasted heat dissipation.

- Critically Damped — The amp's port is specifically tuned for optimum performance, coupled with a particular jute blend of damping material that provides the right amount of damping at certain frequencies.

- Smart Protection Circuitry — Constantly monitors for unsafe operating conditions such as short circuits, mis-wired speaker cables, blown speakers, improper ventilation, and incorrect speaker configurations.

Specifications

Speaker: 1x12" Ceramic

Output Power: 200W (at 4 Ohms)

Input Section

Maximum Input Level: 0.6V rms

Input Impedance: 1M Ohms

Direct Output Impedance: 500 Ohms

Aux-In Input Impedance: 100K Ohms

Equalizer

Bass: +/-10dB@60Hz

Lo-Mid: +6dB/-10dB@250Hz

Hi-Mid: +6dB/-10dB@1KHz

Treble: +/-14dB @ 7KHz

Voicing Filters

Contour: +2dB@50Hz/-10dB@500Hz/+3dB@7KHz

Dimensions & Weight

Dimensions (H x W x D): 17" x 15" x 14.5"

Weight: 30.0 lbs

GK_Front.thumb.jpg.a1fc90196ef83b8041ef2fa76d65bcfe.jpgGK_Top_On.thumb.jpg.d31ec72b0286a9a13b1a1c0fa2c63161.jpgGK_Top.thumb.jpg.ad4dcc954b2536eee778e095cd09374b.jpgGK_Back_2.thumb.jpg.89259ec470fa4200f576cd3fc2cdd7a7.jpgGK_Bottom.thumb.jpg.18f7e2d97af12f5505d4fddb29c52d72.jpgGK_Side.thumb.jpg.534219b4f194b6aede40a2753cab2599.jpgGK_Side_2.thumb.jpg.2e8097c3e62a3bc9b66f3f8836265e40.jpg

GK_Back.jpg

Edited by Eldon Tyrell
  • Like 1

• Eldon Tyrell changed the title to Gallien-Krueger MB112-II 1x12" 200W Bass Amp Combo - £150 - Please Read Description!

Quick update. Played the GK today for an hour. No issues. Recorded two quick samples with the contour button engaged and disengaged.

I also attach the EQ settings.

Still keep the low price as I cannot promise that the problems I had during the heatwave may not come back (during the next heatwave, for example). So, maybe only play it on cold days to be on the safe side? 😉 

GKSettings.thumb.jpg.0704de8c94bb290227dde481c550f6d4.jpg

• Eldon Tyrell changed the title to Gallien-Krueger MB112-II 1x12" 200W Bass Amp Combo - £150 - Please Read Description - Sound Samples Included