Why become a member? ×

Lescot Fanned Frets 5 - *SOLD*
£875
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Lescot Fanned Frets 5.

Gilles Lescot was a Belgian luthier who stopped his activities in early 2023.

All woods, but the bubinga used for the fingerboard are locally sourced.

I received this bass in a recent trade, but I'm not a fiver nor a fanned frets player.

TRADES ARE WELCOME!

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE!

Asking price including shipping
 fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom: €1000 Euros (£875 GBP is an approximation and I will only accept payment in Euros)!!!

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible and included in my asking price, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

Here are the specifications :

Body: 2 pieces cherry

Top: lightly flamed maple including a black tainted wood veneer between top and body

Set neck: 7 pieces maple and walnut with a lightly flamed maple tone block and a black tainted wood veneer

Fingerboard: bubinga (16" to 24" radius) with white side dots

Positions: 25 (zero fret) stainless steel frets (unmarked)

Headstock: 3 + 2 lightly flamed maple with a black tainted wood veneer

Tuners: original Gotoh GB7 last generation

Pickup: original EMG 45DC

Controls (all EMG): volume and tone

Bridge: original ABM mono rails

Strings spacing at bridge: 20 mm (slightly adjustable)

Nut: bone (unglued)

Strings spacing at nut: 10 mm

Scale: from 81 to 88 cm (its a true metric design as it gives from 31.89 to 34.65 inches in imperial)

Hardware colour: chrome

Truss rod: one, single action, 100% functional

Finish: light gloss

Country of origin: Belgium

Serial number: none

Year: 2011

Weight: 4.520 kilos

Action : from 1.3 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th position (can even go way lower, but was perfect for me)

Will be delivered in a brand new Fame semi-rigid case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally and is copper shielded in the electronics compartment (absolutely dead silent instrument).

It has received a new battery and a new set of Ernie Ball 2836 Slinky nickel round wound strings (45 - 65 - 80 - 100 - 130), which really serve this bass.

What you see is what you get !

Look carefully at the photos taken from different angles and lights to see the real condition, which is excellent, the 3 main blemishes being photographed.

Here is the link to 34 photos in high resolution: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZUdADPffm1Iyloyk8vc50S8m77KC2-k2?usp=drive_link

Due to severe back problems (67% officially disabled because of it) plus left and right shoulders injury (it's really painful to reach the tuners), I'm selling all the basses I'm not using like this one as well as some stuff I don't use.

I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 3

• Hellzero changed the title to Sold Lescot Fanned Frets 5