Why become a member? ×

Raritan USB Switchman 4 Port VGA KVM plus three cables - NO PSU

rwillett

Pulled this out of the cardboard box from the last house move.

image.png.1519ba0ae0967b817f9e7df39c887342.png

It's a Raritan USB Switchman four port KVM. It's VGA only and I moved to HDMI some time ago. It doesn't have the PSU which is in a box somewhere but I can't find it. The PSU is 5V x 2.5A (which seems a lot). It needs a 5.5mm x 2.5mm tip. It is not a 2.1mm tip. heres the spec sheet https://www.daxten.com/uk/download/SwitchMan USB-eur.pdf

It does work and will probably work without the PSU plugged in as it can take power from the signal.

It works with 1920x1080 monitors and claims to got up to 2048x1536x85Hz (which AFAIK is a monitor resolution that I have never come across).

It supports keyboard switching, e.g. Scroll Lock x 2 and then a port number. I ran it with a few Mac's and PC's for quite a long time and it was very reliable and switched quickly. The keyboard switching will NOT work with a Mac keyboard as Mac keyboards don't have scroll lock keys. You will not get that functionality working on a mac keyboard as I spent a long time talking to the keyboard manufacturers. None of us got it to work. The rest of the normal keys work fine. Multimedia keyboards will work but not the extra keys such as volume up and down etc etc. You can press the front buttons on the unit itself to change devices. Thats too slow for me as it means I take my fingers off the keyboard.

It has three dedicated cables, these are all VGA cables with USB moulded in along with 3.5mm audio. The audio switching was rubbish so I wouldn't bother. There should be a fourth cable but thats probably run away to form a love nest with the PSU.

I no longer need it, flogging it on ebay means I have to buy a PSU and to be honest I can't be arsed. However the unit does workk, but I can't test it as all my stuff is HDMI.

Free to a good (or a bad) home. Packaging should be £5-£8, make an appropriate donation to North West Air Ambulance and I'll pay the postage to a UK address or if you happen to be passing Clapham in North Yorkshire, pick it up for free.

Thanks

Rob

• 3 weeks later...