Why become a member? ×

Ribble Valley Jazz & Blues Festival, 3rd - 6th May 2024

ossyrocks

Is anyone from here playing over the weekend?

I'm not sure how I have managed it, but I have three gigs at the festival this year. Friday night at Holmes Mill with Katoush (instrumental jazz). Then two on Sunday, 2.00pm Aspinall Arms and 7.00pm Rose & Crown with The Out & Out Blues Band.

I do know that @shug is at the Rose & Crown on Sunday evening because he's on after us. 

We've decided to make a weekend of it, so we're staying Friday to Monday in Clitheroe. 

Rob

• Like 1

On 26/03/2024 at 07:48, ossyrocks said:

Is anyone from here playing over the weekend?

I'm not sure how I have managed it, but I have three gigs at the festival this year. Friday night at Holmes Mill with Katoush (instrumental jazz). Then two on Sunday, 2.00pm Aspinall Arms and 7.00pm Rose & Crown with The Out & Out Blues Band.

I do know that @shug is at the Rose & Crown on Sunday evening because he's on after us. 

We've decided to make a weekend of it, so we're staying Friday to Monday in Clitheroe. 

Rob

I've got a couple, too. As mentioned, Sunday evening at the Rose and Crown with The Merkins and Monday about 4 at the Aspimall Arms with the Cheating Hearts. What rig will you be using at the RnC @ossyrocks? I'd be interested in hearing that SC. I'll be using the 610 and GK RB400 in all likelyhood.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shug said:

I've got a couple, too. As mentioned, Sunday evening at the Rose and Crown with The Merkins and Monday about 4 at the Aspimall Arms with the Cheating Hearts. What rig will you be using at the RnC @ossyrocks? I'd be interested in hearing that SC. I'll be using the 610 and GK RB400 in all likelyhood.

Ahh no, SC staying home that weekend. I'm planning to use the Bergantino with two ONE10's, as I can use just one of the cabs for my quieter gig on the Friday at Holmes Mill. Sorry Shug.
I know you love a big rig, I'm not sure a single SC would cut the mustard for you. 

6 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

Ahh no, SC staying home that weekend. I'm planning to use the Bergantino with two ONE10's, as I can use just one of the cabs for my quieter gig on the Friday at Holmes Mill. Sorry Shug.
I know you love a big rig, I'm not sure a single SC would cut the mustard for you. 

You know we too well, Rob.

There's a BF 210 for sale at the minute and only in Harrogate. That'd do me for small gigs, I'm guessing AND I could use it with the 610 for max Roosteresque overkill. Alas, I have no cash...

I'll look forward to  hearing the Bergantino, mind. 

All all your RVJF gigs on bass? Have you forsaken the guitar altogether?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shug said:

Are all your RVJF gigs on bass? Have you forsaken the guitar altogether?

I have indeed, all band gigs are bass now. I do the very occasional unusual guitar gig, the last being "Alien: The Musical" at West End Playhouse in Morecambe a few weeks ago. A four show run including a Saturday matinee. It was an absolute hoot to do. I am also soon to be playing guitar for a 15 year old young woman for her Youtube channel, performing her latest tune alongside other musicians from the Playhouse. One of her offerings has had half a million views! The guitar playing side is more just helping out with community stuff, my main focus for myself is bass. Just back home from the second band rehearsal today! Jazz band afternoon, blues band evening, gig on Friday.

The Ribble Valley Jazz & Blues Festival is an absolute delight for music enthusiasts! From the soulful melodies of blues to the infectious rhythms of jazz, this festival offers a mesmerizing experience for all. Set against the picturesque backdrop of the Ribble Valley, the ambiance itself adds a touch of magic to the performances.

What truly sets this festival apart is its diverse lineup of talented artists, showcasing the rich tapestry of jazz and blues music. Whether you're a seasoned aficionado or a newcomer to the genre, there's something here for everyone to enjoy. The atmosphere is electric, with music filling the air and bringing people together in celebration of this timeless art form.

Moreover, the festival's commitment to supporting local talent adds an extra layer of charm. It's a fantastic platform for emerging musicians to showcase their skills and gain recognition within the industry.

Overall, the Ribble Valley Jazz & Blues Festival is a must-attend event for anyone who appreciates good music and a vibrant atmosphere. It's an experience that will leave you tapping your feet, swaying to the rhythm, and longing for more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2024 at 11:28, shug said:

Change of plan amp and cab wise. The SC is coming along with the recently acquired Tecamp Puma 900. I'm going to use the same rig for both bands.

The Berg is back in the classifieds here. 

37 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

Change of plan amp and cab wise. The SC is coming along with the recently acquired Tecamp Puma 900. I'm going to use the same rig for both bands.

The Berg is back in the classifieds here. 

Change of plan here, too. I lately traded an Eich combo (is Tecamp the predecessor to Eich?) for a Purple Chili rig, head and 2x12. Valve pre and 750w d class power amp. Early indications are v. positive indeed. Weighs nothing, the cab being somewhat lighter than the Super Twin and a lot lighter than the 610.