Why become a member? ×

IEM from headphone out? Or control room output?

After deciding I need to do something about never hearing very much of myself or anything else except drums and one deafening guitar amp, and reading through the excellent IEM bible thread, I've ordered a pair of kz zs10 and a behringer p2. 

In the spirit of 'buy first, ask questions later' I'm now working out how to get noise into them from the desk. 

We use a rcf f 12xr (I believe), and the two aux outs feed the two monitor speakers used by guitar/vox. 

I'm guessing I could plug into the headphone out jack (the clue's in the name?) and get a post-fader/fx stereo output? Or using a 2 into 1 cable use the control room outputs and get the same thing? Or is there more to it than that? Is there a way to get a pre-fader signal? 

Edited by Alexx

The P2 has a volume control but no blend or mix controls, so you will need to do the mix elsewhere.

First question, how many of the outputs from the mixer have your bass signal on them, and secondly, what else do they have on them. With that information, you may be able to home in on the signal that suits your needs.

David

If you use the control room outs, a apposed to the main outs, you should be able solo channels, pre fade by using the PFL button on each channel. This will also show the level of that/those channels on the meters. The phones probably does this too, reverting to the main out when no PFL is engaged..

Thanks. I need to have a play around.

I'm planning on DI'ing my bass into the mixer/PA. I'd like to try and get the two guitars to do similar, and adding a drum mic or two, then we can record tracks, as well as reducing volume a bit. I'd use my digital 8 track/DAW and try monitoring from one of those (although perhaps latency might be an issue?).