Why become a member? ×

Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pedal - *SOLD*
£100
Bridgnorth, Shropshire

thebrig

£95 Posted.

This arrived on Friday 15th March 2024.

I don't know why I bought it because I just don't like using pedals, I'm a Plug n Play man and I like to keep things simple.

Obviously, I tried it this morning at home for about 10 minutes, but although it's a great pedal, I just thought to myself that I'm too old for all this sort of thing, so I put it back in the box and decided to cut my losses and sell it.

It's not been registered, and is 99% brand new.

Full Description

Improvements have been made to the Bass Big Muff's Volume, Tone and Sustain controls beginning with a pad on the input control which you can switch between odB and -10dB ensuring the pedal is equally effective with both passive and active pickups. Blend allows you to mix the direct and distorted signals. With three outputs; a 1/4" effect out, a 1/4" direct (buffered dry) out and an XLR DI out you have complete control of your output signal and individual sound. A built in noise gate with adjustable threshold eliminates any unwanted hum.

The Bass Big Muff Pi also boasts a foot switchable crossover section with a variable low pass filter on the dry signal and a variable high pass filter on the distorted signal. This gives you the ability to sculpt your own bass sound. This, in conjunction with the Blend, enables you to keep the low end clear and focused with the Low Pass Filter and the high end bright and cutting with the High Pass filter.

This new Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi is housed in a solid die-cast casing and equipped with a 9 volt battery. It can also be powered by an optional standard 9.6 V/DC200mA AC adaptor.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 12.43.07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 12.43.07 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 12.43.07 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 12.43.07 (3).jpeg

Edited by thebrig

You are not too old for this sort of thing.

This is the most ubiquitous bass fuzz for a reason, plug it back in and have another go. Start with the blend at midday, sustain all the way up and tone at the point it starts "biting" (usually around 1-2 o' clock).

It's an absolute banger of a pedal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Schlippy said:

You are not too old for this sort of thing.

This is the most ubiquitous bass fuzz for a reason, plug it back in and have another go. Start with the blend at midday, sustain all the way up and tone at the point it starts "biting" (usually around 1-2 o' clock).

It's an absolute banger of a pedal.

Having to memorise all the different settings for all the different songs when I'm gigging just frightens the life out of me.

I've always just plugged in and used the controls on my bass, and occasionally on my amp.

And yes I know, it's probably just me, but when you get older, the less things to worry about, the better I find. 😉

Edited by thebrig

• thebrig changed the title to Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pedal (Brand New!!!) £95 Posted.

What did you mean by too old for this sort of thing?  I'm almost 56 and have both a fuzz and an overdrive on my pedalboard.  I don't want to look stupid using them and no one ever said it to my face but maybe that's what they are thinking?  Now I'm nervous.  

1 hour ago, Agent 00Soul said:

What did you mean by too old for this sort of thing?  I'm almost 56 and have both a fuzz and an overdrive on my pedalboard.  I don't want to look stupid using them and no one ever said it to my face but maybe that's what they are thinking?  Now I'm nervous.  

I certainly wouldn't feel stupid using a pedal because of my age, but I do feel that at 72 my brain don't work too well these days, so fiddling around with settings etc when playing live would be a worry to me. 🙁

There's no age limit on pedals! Use whatever you want, it's your sound, no-one else really cares that much!

As for fiddling around with settings on stage, that's what soundcheck is for. Some effects are gonna be always on (compressors, preamps, eqs), some are gonna be on for some songs and not others, and others yet are gonna be turned on and off mid-song, but that's what the footswitches are for. Petty much no-one will get on their knees and start turning dials in the middle of a song, and not many will tweak their settings between songs unless there's something obviously wrong somewhere. 

As for things being confusing on stage, if you can remember when to change from the verse to the chorus you can remember when to step on the fuzz button, that's all there is to it really. 

• thebrig changed the title to Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pedal sold