Why become a member? ×

Trade my NS CR5 for your Yamaha silent bass

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

Hello folks

After much thought I have decided that I need to practice on a DB esque instrument quitley (with a neck heel and shoulders for thumb position and practicing intonation in the higher positions) more than I need the great sounds of my NS as my gigs are all on DB and I desperatley need to practice properly.

My NS is in good condition, a couple of minor chips on the head and tail but it has been well looked after and is a great looking instrument, includes bag and tripod, currently strung with Spirochores apart from the low B which is the original, I include the remaining four originals as well, larger pics available.

Cheers

Edited by subaudio

• 8 months later...

[quote name='subaudio' post='487132' date='May 13 2009, 05:47 PM']Hello folks

After much thought I have decided that I need to practice on a DB esque instrument quitley (with a neck heel and shoulders for thumb position and practicing intonation in the higher positions) more than I need the great sounds of my NS as my gigs are all on DB and I desperatley need to practice properly.

My NS is in good condition, a couple of minor chips on the head and tail but it has been well looked after and is a great looking instrument, includes bag and tripod, currently strung with Spirochores apart from the low B which is the original, I include the remaining four originals as well, larger pics available.

Cheers[/quote]

Hi
are you still looking for a Yamaha SLB

I have a SLB100 to sell or trade, which is closer in feel to an acoustic upright.
It is ideal for silent practice (which of course is what it was designed for) but can be used live.

String stop is 105 cm

The SLB200 is smaller with a shorter string length, and there's no bottom bout if you are used to the bass leaning against your leg.

cheers
Keith

Edited by Mr Bassman

• 8 months later...