Why become a member? ×

NPD -Darkglass Alpha Omicron

BassAdder60

Decided to see what all the fuss is about with Darkglass products and got a new pedal the Alpha Omicron 

Using nothing else and running it into the front of my Ampeg V4B was a great success 

This pedal set with a mild overdrive and the bite switch enabled created a very pleasing and clear tone with grind ( for rock ) 

Didnt get it for the way out fuzz or extreme overdrive but this pedal just works so well as a mild to medium overdrive pedal with blend control 

Setting it up before the band played I thought it sounded harsh ( with bite engaged ) but in the context of the band it created a clarity and clank and growl that I had never achieved playing finger style 

Very impressed ( also paired nicely with my Magellan 800 ) IMG_5564.thumb.jpeg.8de95638019876c2e12dd7d0577c7030.jpeg

• Like 2

Got one of those too, great little pedal imho the best Darkglass has to offer - VMT being the other biggie.

When in the mix of instruments the drive can be not that obvious depending on how your guitarists have their EQ's set though so that can be a bit of a balancing act.

This is where for me the Tech 21 YYZ came in and I found myself using that dirtbox more often after a while. YMMV though the A-O is one great piece of kit.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DiMarco said:

Got one of those too, great little pedal imho the best Darkglass has to offer - VMT being the other biggie.

When in the mix of instruments the drive can be not that obvious depending on how your guitarists have their EQ's set though so that can be a bit of a balancing act.

This is where for me the Tech 21 YYZ came in and I found myself using that dirtbox more often after a while. YMMV though the A-O is one great piece of kit.

I find it works really well, tend to keep growl button out as it added too much bass but bite IN really helped the notes pop out ! 
Compared to the earlier Boss BB-1X there is no comparison! 

• Like 1