Why become a member? ×

NPD: Mooer Primer P2

SamIAm

Not sure about this (It seems to have no bass specific stuff like the P1), but with a 30 day return from Thoman I thought it was worth having a go as I love small and light stuff (Ooooo Matron).

Yet to arrive, go DHL go!

I will report the good/bad/ugly when it arrives!

Sam x

Edited by SamIAm
  • Like 1

DHL managed not to follow my delivery instructions and the package was left outside my flat door yesterday, thankfully a kind neighbour took it in for me as I've had a couple of such deliveries go missing in the past :(

So ...

Lovely unit, very wee, construction seems quite solid ... it would not live on a pedalboard, but rather on an amp controlled by the wireless footswitch (Or iPhone app).  Connecting both of these was smooth. Looking good!

The idea of a p'board in an very tiny device sucked me in (Bad back and all that) and it certainly delivers in this space.

Drum generator via headphones sounded nice.

I could detect no extraneous noise.

But then reality hit :sad:

NO bass specific stuff at all ... and I can find no news when (if) any might be available.  The P1 had these capabilities, so it seems likely (Insane otherwise) Mooer will do the same for the P2. But in it's present incarnation, the tuner cannot deal with the open E let alone an open B.  The pitch tracking does not cope with bass either. The drop in battery level when I was messing, leads me to think the 5h quotes are ... optimistic! And they describe it as notabely reduced after only 300 cycles!

So .. back in the box and I'll be returning it to Thomann (Who had described it as suitable for guitar or bass).

My ultralite rig will need to be my MS-70CDR (Reconfigured with MS-60B effects) or B1Four.

Sam x

• Like 1

To be fair, I wasn't much of a fan of the bass stuff on the P1. I guess they may have had stats on who was using the bass bits from the app and decided not to bother if the number of users was low? I've just offloaded my P1 on eBay. On the bass side, you had to do a blend of dry signal and effected signal with a crossover. So not even proper parallel signals. The guitar bits didn't sound good to my ears with guitar or bass. It was all very harsh sounding, the tracking of the octaver was terrible. I regret ever keeping it in the first place. I just thought I'd get it dialled in eventually, but that never happened. I'm glad it's gone!

• Like 1