Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jacks, cables, where to locate sockets....

___---___

Hey.

Ok, so I have built myself a pedalboard out of, mainly, 18mm MDF. I'm super pleased with it. Eventually, I want to wire it up so that I have an instrument 'in' jack, an effects loop 'send' input, a jack 'out' and an effects loop 'return' output housed into the sides of the board. This would enable me to rock up anywhere with the board, plug a few cables in and play. My (first) question: where can I find jacks that would allow me to do this? Would I be able to find a 'two-sided' jack that I would plug into the side of the pedalboard, and plug into again on the inside? Or would it be hard wired?

Another question: should I have a bank of, say, 3 sockets underneath the board (within its footprint) or should I do that outside the footprint of the board? I am just wondering about interference and the like.

Lastly: any suggestions on wiring my board? I'm talking pedal to pedal really. I'm going to drill a matrix of holes and have everything concealed (think Radial Boneyard).

Thanks in advance!

X

[catches breath]