Why become a member? ×

QTX Sound QR12PA Active, Portable, Battery and Mains Powered PA Speaker
£60
Fakenham, Norfolk, UK

Selling my QTX Sound QR12PA active portable, battery and mains powered PA speaker, with cover, remote control and two radio mics. This has seen a bit of use and has some scuffs on the bottom and a few scratches in the metal grill but otherwise is in good condition.

I haven’t used it for ages and rather than have it gathering dust, I have decided to move it on. One of the side-effects of not using it for several years is that the battery has started to deteriorate. Originally it would give about 5 hours in continual use busking, etc (never the 8 hours claimed) but I suspect this has reduced now. I don’t know how much by, as I don’t have the patience to sit with it for hours to see how long it will last. I leant it out a couple of years ago and apparently it lasted about 2 hours but I can’t confirm this. For that reason, I am selling it for a greatly reduced price. It still operates on mains power, of course but I can’t guarantee how long it will last on the battery. Replacement batteries are available online (e.g. eBay) from £28. There is an instruction video on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PppNm48jOI. I have decided to cut my losses on this but if you are handy with a screwdriver, you can make it like new for not a lot of money.

These are very versatile little units with 100 watts total power through a 12” driver and 1” tweeter, so it can handle bass and highs well.  It is more than loud enough for any busking application and quite useful as a personal monitor. It has a built in receiver for VHF radio mics and comes with two mics. It also has a media player for USB, SD, or mini jack input, controlled by a radio remote. It also has two standard ¼” jack inputs for instruments or mics; i.e. guitar in one and mic in the other. There are phono in and out connectors as well. The preamp has controls for volume, treble, bass and Echo effect. It only weighs 14 Kg but has a set of wheels and a telescopic handle, so it can be pulled along like a suitcase. It also has a standard 35mm pole mount and 2 captive nuts on the top so that it can be wall mounted. This is a great unit for anybody who needs an easily portable powerful PA unit with music playing capabilities; e.g. buskers, fitness instructors, occasional speakers, karaoke singers, or just for playing music at a party.

New, these units cost £269 online at Gear4Music. At my price, its cheap for a mains powered speaker! Grab yourself a bargain! Try and buy in Fakenham, Norfolk. I will meet up within a reasonable distance, or can post/courier at buyer’s expense (I have the original packaging).

IMG_0734.jpeg

IMG_0736.jpeg

IMG_0735.jpeg

IMG_0737.jpeg

IMG_0739.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

IMG_0733.jpeg